Chapter 7

Chapter 7

 Shawn woke up naked in a tub of ice. He looked around frantic. He tried to get up but the pain was unbearable so he laid back down in the tub.

He smelt smoke. That’s when he noticed he wasn’t alone. He looked and saw Envy standing in the corner smoking a cigarette as usual.

“What…what the fuck?” Shawn was baffled and the pain from his private parts was beyond excruciating.

“I see you finally woke up,” Envy said.

“What the fuck is going on?!”

“This is your reward ceremony,” Envy said. “For being a thinker.”

Shawn felt like he was hyperventilating. He couldn’t get enough oxygen. He had to start taking slow breaths.

“Once you healed, you’re free to go,” Envy said walking out the bathroom.

“Free to go?” Shawn started saying. “Once I heal?”

Shawn looked down at the ice. He looked down to where the ice was specifically covering. He moved some ice out the way and felt. He felt…

“What the fuck did you do to me?!” He screamed and started tossing and turning in the tub. “Oh my God!”

He heard Envy laughed.

“I gave you your reward for thinking,” Shawn heard Envy said and then more laughter.

Hurt never felt safer than in Keron’s arms. She nuzzled up under him and felt comfortable. She looked at her best friends and saw them all engaged in their different conversations while the movie was playing.

Hurt never had been in a situation with all her friends in one place and felt so serene. She liked this vibe. Keron’s friends weren’t complete assholes like she and her friends are used to dealing with. They had done a triple date before and mostly they all ended up in a disaster. Either one of their dates would turn out to be a jerk or more than one.

But this night was turning around nicely and Hurt was truly enjoying herself. Even Lyric seemed to be enjoying Derek’s company because she was all snuggled up with him watching the movie. Hurt didn’t know what was wrong with Laurel’s guy though. Any other guy who had Laurel groping over them would have been took advantage of the situation but Tyrek wasn’t. In fact Tyrek seemed annoyed that Laurel was coming on to him so strong. Hurt started questioning whether Tyrek even liked girls. Hurt snickered.

It would be too funny if Laurel had hooked up with a homosexual. Hurt knew those muscle bound types usually are the ones that had sugar in their tanks. Hurt wouldn’t be surprised if Tyrek was one. Shit, he had been eying Keron the whole night. Hurt wondered if Tyrek was jealous.

“You ok, baby,” Keron said kissing Hurt’s forehead.

“Yes, just enjoying myself,” Hurt answered. “Hey, can I ask you a question?”

Hurt moved her mouth to Keron’s ear so she could whisper something.

“Is Tyrek gay?” Hurt whispered.

Keron’s eyes went up. Gay! Why would Hurt think that Tyrek was…

Keron looked at Tyrek and Laurel. Laurel was practically all over Tyrek, kissing his arms and licking his neck. Tyrek seemed unfazed. Actually he seemed bored. Keron could see what would make Hurt think that way. Laurel was even turning Keron on with all her antics and Tyrek was acting like she was an annoying sister.