Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Lyric woke up on the couch to find Tyrek standing over her. She blinked and realized she couldn’t move her arm. She looked down to see she been tied up like some rodeo animal with a piece of construction tape over her mouth. She mumbled something under the tape and Tyrek just stared at her.

“You know you’re not like your hoe friend,” Tyrek said. “You got more spunk than I gave you credit. That pepper spray almost blinded me but I forgive you.”

Tyrek knelt down by the couch.

“Listen, I want you to know this has nothing to do with you,” Tyrek said. “I wish I didn’t even have to involve you. I mean I know you’re a good person and don’t deserve this.”

Lyric mumbled something else under the tape.

“I didn’t want it to go down like this,” Tyrek continued. “But I had no choice. You left me no choice. But it will be over soon. I promise.”

Tyrek stood up straight again and walked away from her.

Lyric tried to move around on the couch trying to find some way to get out her restraints but it was tough. Tyrek tied her up pretty tight. She heard Tyrek talking like he was on the phone confused and scared.

Keron had finally gotten Hurt to his room but it didn’t feel right. He laid her on the bed and she didn’t offer any resistance. Hurt really believed Keron wouldn’t really cause her any real pain. She looked into his eyes and knew this was tormenting him. Whoever had him doing this must have really have a hold on him. Keron looked like a lost puppy looking for any type of direction.

Keron left her alone on the bed for a minute while he moved to another part of the room. Hurt started to recap everything that just happened, but mostly her brief conversation with Keron. Who was Envy and what had Hurt done to her? She couldn’t fathom the answer. Hurt literally did not know any lady named Envy or had in her whole life. The name itself sounded absurd. Envy couldn’t be this person’s real name and even then, what had Hurt done to anyone to deserve this. This Envy person really wanted Hurt in the worst way and Hurt had no idea why.

Hurt started strolling in her memory banks for anything that she could come up with. She came to the conclusion whoever this Envy person was that she had to be a very powerful person. Envy had Tyrek shook to the point of committing atrocities and she had Keron on the verge on going against his own conscience.

Hurt started thinking about what Tyrek said. I don’t believe in God, Heaven, or Angels. But I do believe in Envy and her hell is the worse you can imagine.

This Envy had done something to Tyrek. He must have done something so vicious that Tyrek was literally scared shitless if this Envy didn’t get her way. She remembered what Keron said also about them not knowing why they had to do what they were about to do. Envy never told Tyrek or Keron why she wanted Hurt so bad, all they know is that she did. Then she remembered what Keron had said to Tyrek to make Tyrek go off. Keron called Tyrek ‘a dickless freak’. Maybe that’s why Tyrek wasn’t taking to Laurel’s advances. Maybe Tyrek really had no…

“Comfy?” Keron asked but kind of boyish like he didn’t know what else to say.

“What’s going on?” Hurt asked. “We alone. You can tell me. I know you don’t want to hurt me. Tell me what’s going on?”

“I wish I knew myself,” Keron said. “All I know is I really like you and I’m being forced to do something.”

“Then don’t do it,” Hurt reasoned. “If it bothers your conscience that much. Don’t do it.”