Chapter 10- Desideratum

*Not yet rewritten

Chapter 10

[ desideratum : something that is needed or wanted]

"Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear you apart."
― Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

Belle

We walked towards Yellow Cab, the chains of my boot chiming, "That was so fun! When was the last time you had a brawl? When those irritating school boys were harassing you? I don't know, well, you certainly put those cocky bastards in their place." Alice chimed.

"Yeah, we all deserve a little fun, every once in a while." I smiled at Alice's enthusiasm, "Okay, guys, pizza, what pizzas are we buying?" I asked.

"Pepperoni!" Jake and Jared boomed, "Wait, just get everything, stupid idiots are cooking, and they're preparing salad for everyone. Take pity on them Belle." They sniggered and I rolled my eyes at them and headed to the cashier.

"15 boxes of pizza Pepperoni and cheese." I said and the small human looked at me wide eyed.

"O-okay." She stuttered and took my money and told me to wait for the pizzas.

"So, I'm back here with the people who caused scars on my past, I'm great." I said sarcastically.

"Shush, Belle. You'll live. Of course you will." Alice said and rolled her eyes at me, "Belle. What's my full name?" She asked and I raised my eyebrow, "Just answer it."

"Alice Grace Thyme."

"How old am I?"

"118, probably. Born 1896."

"Favorite color?"

"Purple."

"Last human memory?"

"Graduation."

"Where did I meet the twins?"

"Southampton, watching Titanic set sail in 1912."

"Where did I meet Falco?"

"1939, World War II, Germany in hiding, already with the twins."

"How old were Falco, Jake, and Jared by then?"

"Jake and Jared were 50, changed during 17, Falco was 24, but was changed during 18, and you were 40, also changed during 18 Jake and Jared were born March 26, 1889, Falco, August 12, 1912, and you were born on May 21st, 1896. Wow, you guys are old." I scrunched my nose up and they laughed at me.

"Oh, well. You do know us. Okay, how was I changed?"

"At your graduation party, you and your friends were in a bar, vampire dragged you out, then changed you."

"Jake and Jared, how were they changed?"

"Changed by a vampire because they were beaten up by gangsters, dragged off into the woods..." I trailed off.

"And Falco?" Alice asked.

"House fire. Saved his family but suffocated and passed out, claimed you were dead, but because of vampire hearing, he still heard your faint heartbeat and changed you. Voila. You're forever alive." I said.

"I give up, you know everything about us." Alice sighed.

I raised my eyebrow at her again, "Well, duh, because you told me everything. Of course I'll know the answer to these questions."

"I know. Those question were pretty pointless weren't they?" Alice hummed and twirled a piece of her hair around her finger.

"Yeah, pretty much. It was fun though, in a way." I said.

"Jake, Jared. What are you two doing!?" I shouted as they ran around shouting 'We are the champions!'

"Being stupid!" They shouted back.

"Without me?! How dare you?"

---

"Anyone want Pizza?" I shout as I enter the kitchen and all heads snap my way, everyone eyeing the box of pizzas in my hands.

I set it down on the table, but they don't move because of the glaring girls, "Don't want any? Fine. I'm going to eat it." And I move to grab all of it and they scream 'No!' and grab it from me, and I laugh.

"Come on Belle. Go shower, then we train, yes?" He asks me and I nod.

"Alright, see you at the gym. Oh, and run 3 miles for warm up." He instructed me and I nodded again. I start walking up the stairs when I'm stopped by my idiot brother and he glares at me.

"You, just because you look different now, doesn't change anything." He snarls and I just shrug.

"Alright, why do I care? When are you going to stop being a jack ass?" I think out loud and walk away.

"What did you call me?!" He roars and lunges at me but I turn around and use my telekinetic powers to stop him mid-air. He starts screaming at me to bring me down, but I ignore him and start bringing him to his room and lock it then I turn around and walk to my room and shower.

After my shower, I put on a sports bra, a blue tank top, my shorts, and my running shoes, then start heading downstairs when I'm stopped by my annoying mate, "What do you want? I have training." I glare at him and his eyes fill with hurt.

Since when did he start caring? I roll my eyes.

"Why won't you even talk to me?" He asks softly, his voice cracking slightly.

"What's it to you?" I snap. "You rejected me, beat me, you didn't even care, and now you expect me to even talk to you? You cared more about your stupid reputation in a stupid high school, you believed what they said about me and your Luna before even listening to my side of the story!" I burst, "You did nothing. Absolutely nothing, I leave and what do you do? Find someone else to replace me and hook up with her!"

"I'm sorry! Please!" He begged to me pleadingly.

"You only want me now because of my looks, because you have now felt what I felt all those years ago, because you now know the pain I felt, if I still look like I did 2 years ago, you wouldn't even look at me twice, if you hadn't felt what I had felt all those years, you wouldn't be begging for me, so get out of my face. You also expect me to take you back when you marked another woman?" I was now shouting

"Drake?" Someone called out and walked towards him, and I immediately recognized her.

"Cristy." I say calmly.

"Drake, who is this chick?" She exclaimed and hit his arm.

"It's me. Remember a little girl named Belle?" I snap and start walking outside to do my training.

I did my warm up and met with Falco at the gym and we did our usual routine, train and talk. Talk about little things, and then two guys approached me, "So you're the wereangel of legend? A scrawny little girl?" They asked arrogantly.

"Yeah, why? What were you expecting?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Ooh. The bitch brow. We don't believe that someone like you can be the wereangel, I mean, look at you! We can totally beat you." The other guy smirked, "Let's go outside and really see if you're the wereangel." I looked to Falco and he just shrugged and got off the bench and started walking outside. Guess I had some butt to kick then.