Hylians can't fly - Revali (Hylian Reader)

Requested by @animestolemysoul

WOTETH THE HECKETH WE ARE 1K AWAY FROM 50K ALRIGHTY THEN. Man, you people love yourself some Revali.

*pre-calamity*

"Heya, Revali." I wander awkwardly into the flight range to find my Rito friend busily trying to shoot down as many targets as he can in less than 10 seconds.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here? And how did you get here? Hylians can't fly," He asks, somewhat surprised to see me alone.

"I made a paraglider of sorts!" I say enthusiastically and hold up the fabric and wooden apparatus that could be called a paraglider.

"And it worked this time?" He asks, landing down on the catwalk that is suspended over a deep hole in the ground emitting a strong updraft.

"Well, how do you think I got here?" I ask. Revali's eyes light up and he smiles.

"That's great! I know how long you've been trying to make a working design." He slings his bow over his shoulder and throws and arm over my shoulder. "Perfect timing. I just finished up training for today. My new record is 24 targets in 10 seconds," he grins.

"Ooh, that's a target destroyed in less than a split second!" I exclaim.

"Heh, how could someone expect any less than the Rito champion?" He asks smugly, making me playfully punch his side.

"Goodness! I have been attacked by the fierce (Y/N)! Tell Link I hate him!" Revali dramatically cries and collapses on the ground in a feathery mess.

"What the heck, Revali." I shake my head and help him up.

"And the infamous (Y/N) just said the 'H' word," Revali gasps. I shove him a bit because I know he swears at anything. As expected, I get a swear out of him.

"SHIT!" He squawks quite literally. "What the (fork) (Y/N)???"

"And you say I swear."

"Whatever... do you wanna test out that paraglider a bit? I think I just about got Revali's Gale right," He dusts himself off and ruffles his feathers out.

"Use the Gale on my Paraglider? HELL YEAH. I wanna fly like you Rito." I pump my fist in the air, a little more enthusiastic than I had planned.

Revali just laughs and begins summoning the gale. He notions his head, signalling for me to jump in the air and ride the draft up high. The billowing air gathers in the tightly woven fabric and immediately lifts me off the ground with a little more force than I thought there would be. The air swirls up and up until it finally stops and it reaches it's peak. From up here, I can see what feels like all of the Tabantha region. (It's a clear day.) I continue to stay in the main column of the gale until a freak gust of wind blows up from underneath the paraglider. I'm tossed to the side, from which another freak gust blows in. I'm caught between these two roaring winds that I can't hear a word of what Revali is shouting below me. My first instinct is too hold on tight. I grip the handles as the two winds push against each other and send me flying up. I'm a Hylian! I'm not supposed to be flying!

The forces must have become to much for the frail little paraglider to handle because there is a sickening snap. A handle just snapped off the paraglider. Now I'm stuck holding a flailing piece of canvas attached to some sticks. This isn't working.

I plummet to the ground which is well over 40 meters down. Panic rushes through my veins as the only thoughts going through my mind is I'm gonna die I'm gonna die I'm gonna die

"You're not gonna die!" Revali suddenly says. I look over in shock to find that I'm now sitting on Revali's back. It's quite firm from all this training he's doing. We safely land back on the ground and I roll off his back and into the snow face first. I don't care my face is freezing. It's better than having my guts spread within a 10 meter radius.

"(Y/N), your face is going to freeze." Revali grabs my shoulder and tries to roll me over. I go limp which stops him from moving me. He continues so I just give in and roll over myself.

"How did you know that I was thinking I was going to die?"

"You had that look on your face. I know it all too well." He sighs dramatically. "But you might need to work on the design of that paraglider."

"No shit."

"You know, I'd expect a thanks for just saving your life," Revali says smugly. I kiss him on the cheek quickly. His eyes go wide in shock. I can tell he's blushing beneath his feathers.

"That shall suffice." He says, still in slight shock.

FORGOT TO MENTION: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K VOTES!!❤️