chapter.10

seth

Seth's patience was growing thin as he paced anxiously in the small cell waiting for his Daisy to return from the common room. He was already irritated from the ignorant b*stards that owed him the money for the supplies he graciously gave them in order to satisfy their drug addiction.

They assumed he was growing soft due to the little angel in his cell - the soft tones and gentle touches he gave her would support the idea. But, he wasn't stupid and he definitely wasn't weak. If anything, her presence only made him stronger with his entire purpose now dedicated to protecting her.

With him making it no secret the girl was his, nobody would dare to say one wrong word about her. People have already made a conscious attempt to avoid touching her, knowing it would set his explosive temper off, and even subconsciously censored their words in front of Daisy, as if she was a child too innocent to corrupt.

He rushed the meeting and was probably too lenient on the inmates but he was eager to see Daisy. It seemed that as everyday passed, he was growing more and more attached to the little thing and knew that he'd be very unwilling to let her go when the time came.

The love his father and mother had for each other was something he admired and aspired to have ever since he could remember them. Sweet smiles and adoring gestures were what he thought was normal until he grew up and realised what was around him.

The norm, especially in his line of business, were fighting couples plagued with jealousy and crying children begging not to be separated from a parent or two. But his parents were lucky. His parents had perfection and he wanted it.

Ever since he could understand English, they promised him he would find his angel eventually. "She will be the one to take you away from the darkness. She'll be the one to remind you to stop being the devil and be a man," his father had told him once upon a time.

So rather than fighting to live up to his family name, he thought for the family name that would one day belong to his angel - to give her everything he never got and everything she could ever want.

He refused to fight who Daisy was to him. There was not a single doubt in his mind that Daisy was the angel sent from above specifically for him.

He could quickly see himself falling in love with her, despite them not knowing each other for very long at all. Anybody who met Daisy would find it difficult not to. Being in the prison amplified emotions - people grew angry easily, grew depressed faster and apparently, fell in love quicker.

A day in prison felt like a month and a week felt like a year. Time went especially slow for Seth as he had been in the prison for years. He knew it would take Daisy longer to get to where he was and he was fine with waiting, as long as he had her at the end of it.

So that's why he was getting ready to break something when the doors began closing and Daisy still hadn't returned with the rest of the inmates.

"Oi! Nate, where's Daisy?" He yelled in the direction of Nate's cell.

"She said she'd walk back by herself - wanted some alone time." He replied, a little too nervously.

Seth's eye twitched. "And why did she want alone time? What did you do?!" He practically growled out.

"We may or may not have told her the reason you're in here?" Levi replied in a questioning tone.

He pushed himself away from the metal bars in shock and worry. Only, Seth hardly had any time to process the fact that his angel knew the one thing he tried his hardest to keep from her. A prison officer, one that didn't particularly like him yet had a soft spot for his Daisy as his men had informed him, walked right into his near breakdown.