X16

Later that day, Annalise and Edward found their way back at the Cullen residence. They'd decided to skip school, only for the day, and get to know each other as mates. When they walked into the house, they were hit with an intoxicating smell: sweets. It smelled like candy. Fruit roll ups to be more exact.

"It smells like a candy shop in here." Annalise pointed out as they descended the stairs.

Edward smiled and took her hand in his. "Alice must have told her she didn't see me attending school today. I also assume that she figured you'd be with me."

"So, what, Claire is making candy for me?" Annalise chuckled.

Edward chuckled but nodded. "I believe so." he said before the walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Mrs. Cullen." Annalise said.

Claire lifted her gaze from the counter and met hers with a smile. "Good morning, Annalise. And please, it's Claire. You're literally family. And...you're older than me. I'm the one who should be addressing you as Ms. Cullen." she pointed out.

Annalise smiled. "I will do well to remember that."

Claire smiled. "Good morning, Edward."

Edward nodded in her direction. "Good morning, Claire. I mean – mom."

Claire's smile widened. Her gaze then fell onto the joined hands and her mouth fell open. "Does that mean what I think it means?" she asked.

Annalise looked up at Edward then met Claire's gaze. "Yes, it does. Edward and I are...together."

Claire nearly blew Annalise's eardrum with the scream she let out. "Ohmy! I'm so happy for you both!" she squealed and suddenly had her arms wrapped around them both.

Both Edward and Annalise chuckled and returned the gesture.

"So, is it safe to assume that this happened last night?" she asked once she pulled away.

Edward nodded. "Yes, it is."

"How?" Claire asked.

Annalise took a breath.

"I finally realized that it no longer made any sense, that it wouldn't do me any good, to keep my feelings to myself any longer. It wasn't fair to Edward, or myself, to keep lying about how I really felt about him." she admitted. "It felt good to get everything off my chest and just admit how I truly felt about him."

"Which is?" Claire asked.

"Mom." Edward groaned slightly.

Annalise chuckled and gently squeezed his hand. "It's alright, Edward. You're her son and she's curious. All mothers are." She turned her attention back to Claire. "I told Edward that I think I'm in love with him this morning."

Again, Claire screamed and hugged them both.

"I'm so happy for the both of you. Everyone is going to be so happy to hear the great news." She squealed.

"If I know Alice, she already knows." Edward laughed.

After School

Both Edward and Annalise sat on the couch watching Supernatural, when Alice, and the rest of their siblings, appeared in front of them with a smile on her face. She looked ready to explode from how excited she was.

"So...? Is it true? Did you tell Edward you...you love him?"

Annalise looked to Edward, with a fake frown, then turned to Alice with a look of disappointment. "I'm sorry, Alice, but your wrong."