X14

It's going on 10 o'clock and Annalise has just finished making herself dinner: roast with potatoes and carrots, homemade mashed potatoes and gravy with a side of green beans.

Her stomach growls as she makes her way into her living area, with her plate and a glass of cold sweet tea.

"Alright. I get it. Hold your horses." She says to her growling stomach as she sits down.

Picking up the remote from the coffee table, she flips to the Hallmark channel and make herself comfortable. Ever since the station aired back in 2001 she's been a huge fan of Hallmark Movies. They're always so very interesting, entertaining, to watch. Watching two people fall in love, or in their case, pretend to fall in love,  always spiked her interest. Two total stranger meet, run into each other numerous times, the man finally asks the woman out, she accepts, they realize they have a lot in common,  a complication happens, they get passed me complication, they kiss, and then they get married and live happily ever after.

If only that was the way love worked.

When her stomach growls at her, again, Annalise quickly takes a spoon full of mashed potatoes and shoves it into her mouth. "Happy?"

She feels her stomach clench, as if it were wrapping itself around the small bite, before it rumbles in satisfaction. She shakes her head. She really needed to start eating more. Going days, even a week, without eating isn't healthy.

         Not twenty minutes later, as she watches the screen in front of her, she took her last bite of mashed potatoes before placing the plate onto the table in front of her. The movie was almost over and she didn't want to miss the ending.

Sarah, a wedding planner, and Nathan, a self-owned billionaire,  we're staring into each others eyes while he professed his love to her.

"I never thought I would find someone like you. Someone who could love me, someone who could see me, passed what I have to offer. I always thought I was destined to be alone." He takes a step towards her, closing the distance between them. "You crashed into my life like meteor and you've been a blessing ever since. I know that God loves me because he took out the time to create you, just for me."

A single tear roll down Sarah's cheek as she listened to the man in front of her confess his feelings to her.

"I love you, so much, that it scares me. I've never known a love like this.  I've never loved anyone as much as I love you and I never will." He takes her face in his large hands. "I love you, Sarah Evans. I love you and I hope I'm not in this alone."

Sarah shakes her head. "No. You're not alone." She sniffles. "I love you, too, Nathan Hamilton."

And they share a kiss.

~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

After a much needed shower, and applying sweet pea body lotion all over her warm skin, Annalise dresses in a pair of black thigh shorts with a matching tank top and ankle socks. She sits on her bed, her back against the head board, with the book Me Before You in her hands. She is almost done with the book and was hoping by the time she finishes reading it Edward will have found his way to her house.

That didn't happen.

It is almost mid-night and there is still no Edward and her eyes were growing heavy. She wonders what is keeping him.  Maybe he didn't want to see her. Maybe he realizes that his feelings for her aren't as strong as he thinks they are.  Or maybe he realizes he has feelings, stronger feelings, for someone else.

The thought of Edward no longer wanting her made her sick to her stomach. Her stomach started doing flips and she has to close her eyes and take deep breaths.