#MarchForOurLives

LAST WEEK, SOMETHING SHIFTED.

And the entire world felt it. In the wake of the school shooting at the Majory Stoneman Douglas Highchool, adults and teenagers alike took the streets of the United States to protest. Seventeen teenagers were murdered for absolutely nothing. I hope if you live in the US, you marched in those streets too. 

Many racism protestants called out the white-friendliness of it all. Of how black people protest too and never get this amount of media coverage. Or how none of the spearheads of the campaign are POC. Even how if the school shooting happened in a 'ghetto' black school no one would bat an eyelash.

All of the above are true, but that's not why I'm here. I don't want to take away from their accomplishments, progress or good nature. I, instead, have a different intent. I want you to think about this:

If it takes all this just to change one gun law, what do you think it will take to end racism?

Unlike them, we cannot rely on the media. We cannot rely on the entire democrat party. We don't and never will have the support they have. Yet, we have to work twice as hard. Institutionalized racism will not end with a march. It will not end with talk show appearances. Hell, it won't end if we assassinate the President of the United States of America. 

Ending racism will take a lot more. People will have to die. Governments will have to be shattered. The very language we use will have to be discarded. So, the next time an innocent black kid dies and you change your twitter bio to #BlackLivesMatter, ask yourself, "Am I doing enough?"

Because the kids of Majory Stoneman Douglas high School are fighting for their change and are willing to die for it.

Are you?