13. You Guys Just Need to Work Harder

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, CHAD. But I think we've worked enough.

It's a confusing thing to hear a white person speak about how much black people just need to work harder. On one hand, you want to hit them because how can they be so stupid? But on the other hand, you envy them because of their privilege. They're so lucky. They can be blind and ignorant because the issue doesn't and never will affect them. We, however, face the truth every day we wake up.

So, here's your philosophy of meritocracy and why it's a load of horse crap.

To believe that everyone can equally move up in the system through hardwork, there needs to be a fair system in the first place. There hasn't been since the day our ancestors came to the Americas. While you were given land and housing and paid labour, when blacks became emancipated we were given almost nothing. No form of compensation whatsoever. You've had it easy since day one while we've had it rough.

And today, we still suffer. Undoubtedly, there are disadvantages that inherently come with being black in today's society that hinders our achievement on a scale that it will never hinder a Caucasian's. I.e. crime culture in black communities, xenocentricism, institutionalized racism etc.

We've worked enough, Chad. Built economies with our bare hands, in fact. So instead of telling us to work harder, maybe it's time you pay us for our labour that made you able to have that perfect white picket fence that you use to black us out.

Author's Note
Damn what do I have against Chad 😭😭💀. If your name is Chad I'm so sorry.