Graduation Day

Kol Mikaelson smiles at Mia and extends his hand for her to grab. Once she's standing, Kol hugs her tightly. "I missed you, Mia."

Mia smiles and pulls out of his embrace. "I missed you too. After Jeremy killed you, I went mad and nearly killed Elena several times."

"I know. You wanted to avenge my death and, frankly, you were the only who truly cared." He touches her face gently. "But I know you're in love with Jeremy Gilbert and even though I'm here as a vengeful spirit, I need to give you my blessing." Kol looks into her big brown eyes. "I love you, Mia and I always will, but I won't stand in the way of your happiness." He kisses her cheek and disappears.

"Mia!" The redhead hears her brother's voice and turns to him. "Are you alright? There are spirits everywhere and I have no idea what is going on."

Mia smiles and hugs her brother. "Kol saved my life!"

Damon kisses his sister's head while hugging her tightly. He wants nothing more than to protect her from everything evil that there is in Mystic Falls right now.

***

It is the day Stefan Salvatore and his friends graduate and Mia is getting ready to watch her brother graduate for the first time ever. "How do you feel Steffy?"

"I would feel better if you didn't call me that." Stefan looks at his sister with an amused look and she smirks. "Have you seen Jeremy?" He asks.

Mia shakes her head from side to side. "He's probably not ready to face me yet." She looks down. "I can't blame him. He professed his love for me and I wasn't able to tell him how I really felt."

"You can do it now." The redhead turns around and sees Jeremy standing next to Elena and Damon. She runs to him and he catches her, hugging her tight. "I almost forgot how beautiful you are."

Mia lets go of his hold and smiles. "I have so much to tell you, Jer. The past few months have been crazy but I wrote everything down for you." Her smile fades. "But I know this is only temporary and I shouldn't get my hopes up."

Jeremy cups her face and looks at her intently. "Hey, we have time to catch up. I'm not going anywhere." He smiles softly. "Maybe we should just talk after the graduation. I'm anxious to see my sister walk."

"Me too." Mia smiles and holds Jeremy's hand, intertwining their fingers. "I really missed you Jeremy."

"I missed you too Mia." Jeremy smiles and squeezes her hand gently.

***

The gang arrives at the football field where the ceremony will take place and they spot Caroline and Matt talking behind the bleachers. "Hey everyone!" Caroline waves and she immediately hugs Elena. "So, how are you feeling?"

Elena looks away. "I feel overwhelmed. I'm happy to have my brother back and today is clearly important to all of us but I still want to kill Katherine for eveything she did."

"Yeah, she's like Kill Bill both volumes." Mia smirks. "But in all seriousness, I'm happy to have you back Elena. While you were... acting like a Katherine clone, it was a nightmare to all of us."

Suddenly, a few witches attack the group. Stefan shields Mia but once Caroline is in harms way, the redhead decides to protect her friend. The two girls are almost struck by magic when one of the witches is beheaded with a cap. "Klaus!" Caroline gasps in shock.

Klaus smiles at the girls. "Did you honestly think I would miss this ceremony?" He steps closer to the girls, causing Mia to smile. "You look wonderful, Amelia."

"You don't look too shabby yourself." She links her arm to his and the two start walking to the bleacher to watch the ceremony. "How was New Orleans?"

"I would much rather not talk about that." Klaus reaches for his pocket and takes a small box. He opens it and Mia's jaw drops at the sight of her old engagement ring she lost during Mardi Gras. "I found this ring at a shop with your name so I bought it." He puts the ring on her finger and smiles. "You deserve happiness and young Gilbert is your true love."

Mia shed a tear of happiness. "Klaus, this is the best gift and the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for me in a while. Thank you!"

"Amelia, I will be waiting for you once you realize that I'm a good man for you. I truly believe we would be a power couple and every king needs a queen." Klaus kisses her cheek softly and she stays silent, contemplating her future with Jeremy.