Miss Mystic Falls

Damon and Mia listen to Elena and Caroline talking and they approach the girls. "What's up with Little Gilbert?" Damon smirks.

Elena sighs. "Jeremy has been having recurring nightmares where he kills me. This Hunter situation is getting the best of him."

Damon looks at Elena and holds her hand. "Don't worry about that. I'll find Jeremy and make everything right." He smiles gently. "Just let it go." Elena nods and smiles while Damon takes Mia to another room. "I'm gonna call Stefan. Meanwhile, you stay here and keep an eye on Elena." Mia nods in agreement and returns to the room where Caroline and Elena are.

"I can't believe you're just letting Damon take charge! Jeremy is your brother and you should totally worry about him. It's the normal thing to do!" Caroline yells.

Elena shakes her head. "I trust Damon and I know he will help Jeremy."

"You should trust Damon!" Mia says while glaring at Caroline. "He's my brother, Caroline. And you shouldn't disregard everything he's done to prove he's trustworthy."

Caroline makes a dramatic gesture with her arms. "You weren't here when Damon took advantage of me and tried to kill everyone because of Katherine!"

Klaus suddenly appears and pulls Caroline away. "This behavior is unacceptable, ladies." He smirks. "As much as I love a friendly banter, I must stop it." 

Mia rolls her eyes. "I believe we are able to discuss our issues without ripping each others' heads." She immediately takes a flute of champagne from a tray and takes a sip. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm not in the mood to hang with you Niklaus." She leaves while Klaus looks in her direction, amused but the use of his full name.

***

Mia hears Damon's voice and opens the door to a room. She sees him threatening Professor Shane. "You have two choices here. One, you give me the name of another Hunter. Two, I will kill you." Damon smiles deviously. "The time is ticking, Shane."

"Can I do the killing part?" Mia asks before finishing her champagne. "This guy really bothers me and he's just a sorry excuse for a man."

Damon laughs. "My sister is not very fond of quick deaths, she would much rather torture you until you beg to die. Maybe she should decide your fate."

Professor Shane looks at the Salvatore siblings, terrified of what they may do to him. "Look, even if you get the map and the cure, you will need a spell to open it and you need a Bennett witch to do it."

Mia sighs and rolls her eyes. "We have a Bennett witch. I'm bored now! Can I kill him?" She looks at Damon expectantly.

"Wait!" Professor Shane pleads. "Bonnie can't do magic yet and I'm actually helping her. If you kill him, she might not get her magic back which means you won't get the cure."

"He makes a good point." Damon looks at Mia and after she nods, he lets the Professor go. "I'm pretty sure you can kill him after we get the cure."

Mia looks down. "Yeah, I guess..."

Damon looks at his sister with a puzzled expression. "What has gotten into you? You're always so calm and collected."

The redhead sighs. "I'm just pissed! Stefan is mad at you, Elena seems to have a weird connection to you, Jeremy is trying to kill all of us and Klaus is basically drooling over Caroline."

"You're jealous of Klaus and Caroline?" Damon raises an eyebrow and then sighs. "In my opinion, you're way better than she is, but you're also way to good for Klaus." He holds Mia's hand. "Klaus is manipulative, dangerous and delirious. You should stay away from him. Besides, I think Jeremy has a crush on you and if he wasn't trying to kill us, I would be Team Jeremy all the way." Damon winks at Mia and she laughs at the way he chose to comfort her.

***

Stefan and Caroline are at her house talking when the doorbell rings. To Caroline's surprise, it's Mia standing in front of her. "Come in, Mia!"

Mia sees her brother and sits next to him. "I'm sorry for spending the entire time with Damon without even making sure you're alright." She sighs. "I love you as much as I love him but I've been so wrapped up in my own stuff that I neglected you."

Stefan smiles at his sister and kisses her cheek. "You're an amazing sister!" Caroline sits in front of them and smiles. "And I'm still coping with this entire situation."

"You shouldn't give up on Elena. I'm sure she'll come around." Caroline looks at Stefan and smiles softly, making him feel better.

Mia takes off her shoes. "I'm sure that once we get the cure, Elena will be back tomorrow and you can resume your epic romance." She smiles and holds Stefan's hand.

Caroline furrows her eyebrows in deep thought. "Speaking of the cure... Why does Klaus want it so bad? I mean, he has never done anything to help Elena unless he had something to gain from it."

"Klaus needs the cure to give to Elena so he can use her blood to sire more hybrids." Stefan says while leaning forward.

Mia sighs and rolls her eyes. "I'm shocked that Klaus is only using Elena!" She says sarcatically. "He's a manipulative jerk and I'm sure he will do anything to reach his endgame."

Caroline stands up suddenly, causing Mia and stefan to look at her. "That's it!" She mutters.

"What is it?" Mia raises an eyebrow.

"Damon told Elena she had to drink straight from the vein and since then she's been rejecting any other sources of blood." The perky blonde paces around. "She killed Connor after Damon's attempt failed..."

"And Damon told Elena that Connor had to die..." Stefan adds.

Caroline looks at Stefan. "Right. She is agreeing to everything that Damon tells her because she is sired to him, like Tyler was sired to Klaus when he was turned into a hybrid."

Mia stands up and stares at Stefan. "It was Damon's blood that saved Elena... I should've seen the signs, they were all there."

Stefan furrows his eyebrows while staring at his sister. "What do you mean?"

"After Katherine fed me her blood, I was sired to her. She told me you and Damon were dead and that no one would understand my situation so I left town. And when I saw her in Chicago, she told me you knew I was alive and never wanted to search for me and I believed her." Mia stands next to Caroline. "The sire bond was broken when I fell in love with a wonderful man and I realized Katherine was manipulating me."

"So Elena really is sired to Damon? Is that why she broke up with me?" Stefan's eyes start watering and he angrily punches a wall. "How can we break the sire bond?"

Mia sighs. "It's not that easy. Damon has to set her free or do something terrible to make her hate him." The three of them sit in silence after the realization that, unknowingly, Damon caused Elena to actually listen to him.