Prom Dress Drama

Dear Jeremy,

Prom is just around the corner and Stefan is going to be my date. I remember back in the day he was an excellent dancer but I'm not sure about the present. My brother is always so uptight!

Caroline is coming over so we can pick up our prom dresses and get ready together. Honestly, I haven't had a normal high school experience in a while and I was anxious to get ready with the girls and have fun at prom with my friends. If you were here, I bet we'd be going to prom together and had a great time making fun of all the kids who totally peaked in high school.

I miss you, Jer.

"Mia! Caroline and Bonnie are here!" Stefan yells and Mia closer her journal and walks downstairs.

The redhead smiles at her friends. "Let's go get the dresses, bitches!"

The girls arrive at the store and Mia smiles at the woman behind the counter. "I'm here to pick up my prom dress. Mia Salvatore."

The woman gets a receipt and reads it. "The red dress..." Mia nods and the woman hands her a black box. "You made a really good choice." The woman smiles and Mia nods.

"Thanks." She walks away from the counter, allowing Caroline to go next.

Caroline smiles at the woman. "Prom dress. Caroline Forbes." The blonde vampire can barely contain her excitement.

The woman looks at the receipt and shakes her head. "The dress is not here. Your friend already came to pick up your dress, Miss Forbes."

"That's impossible!" Caroline looks at the woman and starts compelling her. "Tell me my friend's name."

"I don't know her name but she was very pretty. Long brown hair with pink highlights, slim and brown eyes." The woman says while looking into Caroline's blue eyes.

"That bitch!" Caroline walks outside and Bonnie and Mia follow her. "Elena stole my prom dress and now I have nothing to wear."

Mia puts her hand on Caroline's shoulder gently. "You can always ask Klaus for a dress. That guy is a hoarder!" She laughs slightly.

Bonnie nods. "Mia is right! He owes you after you helped him with Silas."

Caroline nods and the girls decide to go get something to eat before getting ready for prom. Elena is playing a dangerous game and this time no one will defend her.

***

Bonnie, Mia and Stefan arrive at the prom venue and everyone stares at them. Granted, the girls look beautiful, but the stares are directed at Stefan. "Someone's a big hit tonight!" Mia smiles while nudging Stefan's arm. Stefan immediately blushes and leads his sister to the dance floor. They start moving to the rhythm of the music. "Do you think Elena intends on doing something irrational tonight?" The redhead asks.

Stefan sighs. "Everything she does lately is irrational. I just hope she doesn't kill anyone because it is hard to come from that." He looks at his sister with a remorseful look. "I should know."

Mia nods and her eyes dart towards the entrance, where Elena and Damon are standing. "There she is." She points to her former friend and Stefan glances at her as well. "Considering that she had the nerve to steal Caroline's dress, I guess she really is here to wreak havoc." The redhead smirks. "And I'm in the mood for chaos right now."

Caroline emerges from the crown in a beautiful vintage white dress that compliments her fair complexion. She glares at Elena and then joins Stefan and Mia in the dance floor. "I can't believe she's wearing the dress she stole from me!"

"I have an idea." Mia grabs Caroline's hand and leads her towards Elena and Damon. "Hey Elena! You look good for someone who is actually wearing a stolen dress." She smirks. "I guess fashion has no boundaries."

Elena smirks as well and steps closer to her. "If I were you, I would stay away from me tonight."

Mia steps even closer to her. "Or what? Are you forgetting that I'm older, faster and stronger than you?" She laughs sarcastically. "I can snap you like a twig without breaking a nail."

Damon stands between the two of them. "Please, behave ladies! This is not the time for a catfight, even though it would be enjoyable." He smirks.

Caroline rolls her eyes. "I can be a lady, but apparently Elena prefers to be a backstabbing bitch with no morals. Congratulations, you look great in my dress!" She turns around hurt by her best friend's actions.

"Jeremy would be very disappointed in you!" Mia states while glaring at Elena.

The brunette vampire chuckles. "Jeremy is dead! I highly doubt he's doing much wherever he is." Mia walks away, Elena's words burning in her mind. How could she be so disrespectful to Jeremy's memory?

***

After Matt and Bonnie were announced Prom King and Queen, Mia walks towards her brother Damon and stands next to him with a champagne flute. "Are you seriously trying to get Elena back by showing your love for her?" She quirks an eyebrow.

Damon looks at his sister and smiles. "People keep saying that love is the strongest feeling there is." He takes a sip of his drink. "It doesn't hurt to try, right?"

Mia sighs and places her hand on Damon's shoulder. "Love is not going to bring Elena back. She's too far gone and only desperate measures will be effective."

"Are you suggesting we torture her until her humanity is back on?" Damon eyes his sister in disbelief.

"I think we should use everything she hates in order to get at least one emotion out of her." The redhead shakes her head softly. "If she feels everything at the same time it will destroy her and you will never get your precious girlfriend back."

Suddenly, they both hear a scream. "What is that?" Damon asks.

"I don't know." Mia answers and then walks towards the noise and notices Stefan already there. "What happened?" Stefan pushes Elena away from Bonnie who is gripping her own throat in pain.

Stefan looks at his siblings. "Elena attacked Bonnie." He looks at Damon and glances at the door. "Take her out of here!" Damon nods and leads Elena away from the prom.

Mia grabs Bonnie's arm and inspects her throat. "Are you in pain?" Bonnie nods softly. "Well, she didn't do any damage. Why did she do that?"

"I have no idea." She looks at Mia and smiles softly. "I need to get some air." The redhead nods and then looks at her brother. They were both aware that Elena was dangerous to everyone around her and she needed to be dealt with.