Chapter 33: Time of Death

Start from the beginning

Scott saw Liam's discomfort. "You don't have to be a part of it if you don't want to," he said to him. "I'm not scared." Stiles went and grasped Liam's shoulder. "Then  you're borderline idiotic," he said a little fondly. But his face darkened a bit as he looked over at Scott. "Alright, if we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that right?"

"How do we even know something is definitely coming?" Kira asked them. "Because the tape from Garrett's bag said Visual Confirmation Required," Scott answered. "Simon said the same thing. He couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

"So, the idea is, what if you kill someone on the Deadpool but you can't send them proof?" Scott brought up. Kira shook her head. "You don't get paid." "But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?" asked Liam.

"He still needs to know if someone is dead," Scott told him. Stiles nodded. "Especially if it's someone high on the list." He then looked at Scott. "The highest on the list."

Liam was starting to understand. "So if he wants confirmation..." "He's going to have to get it himself," Scott finished for him.

"You did tell your mom about this, right?" Scott sighed as he heard Stiles' question. He was about to answer when a voice cut him off.

"Yeah. She didn't take it well."

The four teenagers looked over at the front door to see Sabrina coming in. She closed the door behind her and walked over to them. Stiles stared at her. This was the first time he had seen her since that day in the vault.

Sabrina could feel Stiles' eyes on her but couldn't bring herself to look at him. "She said she'll take part in our crazy plan but she's not exactly thrilled about the idea of seeing her twins dead." "At least she's on board with our plan," said Stiles. Sabrina nodded, still not looking over at him. Scott could feel the tension between his best friend and his twin.

"Remind me again why we are killing you two again?" said Liam. "Sabrina and mine's names are placed together on the list. We're worth twenty million." said Scott. "Technically, Scott and I are worth ten million so if both of us are dead, we're valued at twenty million."

Liam nodded as he now understood. "When do we start?" 

"In a few hours. Around sundown. We have to wait for Kira's mom." said Scott. Stiles nodded. "Okay. Uh, I'll head over to the hospital and get everything ready for when we all get there." He then moved to pack up their computers into his bag.

"What can I do?" Liam asked them.

"You can stay here if you want. You and I can pass the time by watching TV until Kira's mom gets here." Sabrina said to him. Liam nodded and moved towards the living room couch while Scott and Kira went upstairs to his room.

Sabrina awkwardly stood by the table as Stiles had finally finished packing his bag up. He held the bag in his hand and walked passed Sabrina but stopped and turned around.

"Sabrina-" 

"You should go," she said cutting him off. "You should get everything set up at the hospital." Stiles looked down at the ground before stepping towards her. He lifted his hand and was about to place it on her shoulder but lowered his hand down.

He then turned around as he walked over to the front door and left the house. Sabrina let out a shaky breath as she wiped her eyes for any stray tears before heading to the living room.

She sat down next to Liam and turned the TV on. 

"...This probably isn't my place to ask but...is everything okay with you and Stiles?" Liam asked. Sabrina kept her eyes on the TV as she flipped through the channels to find something for the both of them to watch.