Ocean Midnight

It was silent. The only sounds to be heard were four teens soft breath and the waves gently washing ashore. It was dangerous to be asleep, but they had to stop. Their pursers grew closer with every passing moment they slept. A single red and blue parrot circled around them in the sky, keeping watch.

The moon was shining on the emerald sea, making the water look like liquid glass. He opened his eyes in the inky darkness and looked at the stars. Each one shining in their own way, clouds drifting lazily across the sky. His gaze dropped to the girl with flaming hair sleeping quietly across the clearing. Alex... Mark thought to himself, watching her breath rise and fall softly. What's Elam gonna to do her if he ever finds her...

"Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben." Mark stood up slowly and cringed, when he recovered from

the flash of blinding pain he began poking his friend, trying to wake him up.

"Go away..." Ben muttered, fumbling for his glasses.

"We have to wake the girls up, it's time to go."

Ever since the fights had broken out and Elam had revealed his true nature, they were hiding in the shadows during the day and grabbing a few hours of sleep each night before moving onto the next hiding place. They had been going about this way for about a week. So far it had worked... but it honestly felt like someone was following them... and they were getting closer all the time.

"Ruse..." Ben gently shook her shoulder.

"Time to go so soon?" The dark haired beauty opened her eyes and looked up at him.

"Afraid so," Ben helped her up and brushed the grass out of her hair, "Let's start packing up."

Ruse covered her mouth with her hand as she yawned, "Did Mark wake Alex yet?"

"No..." Ben tensed up and took a step back, ever since the Elam incident... she did not wake up like a Disney princess per say, more like a bear who has lost her cubs.

"Oh dear..." Ruse trailed off.

"I'll do it." Mark said confidently. He strode over to Alex, and lightly moved her shoulders.

Her eyes flew open and she tackled Mark to the ground.

"Alex it's me!" Mark turned his body and through his weight as she pulled her fist back, just before she would of landed the punch, he was the one pinning her down.

"M-mark?.." she asked, still half asleep though her eyes were wide.

"Yes, it's me." He said lifting her up on his lap. "Remember I will never hurt you like that." Mark lightly pressed a kiss to her clammy forehead. "I'll protect you."

"I did it again didn't I?.." Alex asked quietly, buring her head in his shoulder.

"Yeah, but it's okay. You've been through a lot so it's only natural for his kind of thing to happen." Ben spoke up as he picked up Treasure and handed her to Ruse.

"Come on Lex..." Mark gently moved her behind him and stood up.

"I don't need a piggyback ride.." Alex yawned still worn out from the volcano incident.

"Yes, yes you do." Ruse added in.

She slowly nodded and claimed onto Marks back. Wrapping her arms around his neck, and legs around his waist. Resting her head on his shoulder, occasionally tugging at his chestnut colored hair to keep her balance.

"Now you better sleep Alex..." He cracked a soft smile, despite the pain ripping through his back. Arrow wounds don't heal as quickly as the group needed them too.