Chapter Seven: Dmitri's Point Of View

"So boys," Jedd began, "Everyone knows practically everything about your day to day life, but I want to know, how do you think your history affects you? You guys are in a pretty unique position. I can't think of any other celebs that grew up in foster care."

I smiled, genuinely not expecting the question. Most people wanted to know about our movies, or if we were dating a certain co-star, but they usually avoided that question.

"Well," I started, looking at my brothers, "I think it definitely makes us much more appreciative about what we have. Other than that, I don't think we're much more different than regular people." I watched as my brothers nodded along.

"Interesting. Do you ever speak to any old foster siblings or parents?" Jedd asked. This time Ivan answered.

"Not as much as we'd like to, but we spent a bunch of time with this one family, so we're friends on facebook and see what each others up to. It's really interesting because they specialize in rambunctious boys, so we see post all the time about these boys their fostering, and all we can thing is 'that used to be us!'" Jedd chuckled but then looked confused.

"But if they only foster boys, how did your sister fit into that?" He asked. All us Volkov boys' mood died down a bit in memories, but Alex answered.

"Our social worker was afraid that she'd get overly attached to us, since she'd only ever been with us since she was a baby, or that she'd get into trouble like us, so she sent her to a different home two hours away. After she went with Dmitri to his first interview, she moved homes and her foster parent didn't let us have any contact for about two and a half years, when Dmitri finally turned eighteen. No phone calls, texts, emails, letters, nothing." An awkward pause followed after.

"I'm so sorry guys, I had no idea. That must have been really hard on your family."

Drew smiled. "Yeah, but we got through it. I know sometimes we seem really overprotective of her, but that's just a bit of worry left over from not being in her life for so long. And anyway, Ebony turned out very well behaved, so I guess we owe her fosters a big thank you." Jedd smiled, and the conversation turned to Dominick's movie he just finished and whether or not he's dating his female co-star. The interview went by quickly, which I was happy for. I was nervous about leaving Ebby alone. She didn't know how crazy things could become so quickly. All we had to do was wait fifteen or twenty minutes for security to clear away the crowds of fans, and then we would be there to protect her. Ivan started a Instagram live to pass the time, and was answering questions. The rest of us were just messing around. When someone asked Ivan to sing an acapella version of the song Count on Me by Bruno Mars, he sang a bar before Nikolai joined in, and then slowly the rest of us joined in two, making up a silly routine to go with it as well. All of us Volkov's were pretty good singers, and could carry out a tune. We never really sang publicly though. Ivan started out as a musician, but the rest of us started in the movie industry. We did sing quite a bit around the house though.

When we were just about done, the door to our green room opened, and the head security man, Josh, walked in. We all stopped singing, and Ivan quickly signed off. We all walked out with a smile on our face. Josh gave us sunglasses and a hat to try to hide us, and it seemed to work well, as no one bothered us. We made it to the tour bus and unlocked to door, and almost immediately the bus took off. We could hear the shower running, and I didn't see Ebby anywhere, so I assumed that she must be in there. We were told by our driver that we would stop for a proper breakfast in about twenty minutes, and decided to just get ready while we waited. We did the radio interview in proper clothing, but we planned on just wearing pajamas the rest of the day. I knocked on the shower door to tell Ebby, and she gave a curt answer back.