*Chapter One*

She was starting to really get on my nerves.

We made eye contact for what had to have been the millionth time, and just like all the other times, she quickly looked away and talked to her friend right next to her. I swear, if she looked at me one more time I was going to snap. Doesn't she know it's impolite to stare? I think Dmitri started to notice my deadly glare towards her, because he gave me that look. You know, the look that says don't-you-dare and really makes you want to do it. I knew I couldn't actually yell at her though. We'd been waiting in this urgent care for an hour, and we had waited at the one before this place for two hours before they closed. It took us another half an hour to find this 24/7 place, and if I yelled at her we most defiantly would be kicked out.

Still, the urge was strong.

I'm not a violent person, but when you've been sitting waiting for a doctor an hour with a girl staring at you while you're dying of pain, you try being in a happy mood. I probably could have had Dmitri taken me to the nearest ER, but we'd heard on the news that there had been a huge car pile up and all the ER's would be full. I figured my ankle wasn't as important as saving a life.

The nurse came out and finally, finally lead us to an examination room. The nurse looked a bit hesitant at my brother's shady look, with his hat pulled down and sunglasses on, he probably looked like a bank robber. Within ten minutes though, the doctor came to see us.

"Hello Ms. Ebony, what seems to be the problem today?" Dr. Whittier had that look doctors normally have, fake cheerfulness to cover up the fact that he only had three hours of sleep. I explained how I had fallen down earlier while playing softball with my brothers. She took a look at my ankle, now a deep purple color twice it's usual size. She ordered me an X-ray to be safe, but said it's probably a bad sprain, and then plopped me back in the waiting room.

The girl was still there. She continued to stare at me, not even breaking our gaze, for the entire wait. Her friend was flipping through a magazine while wearing a coughing mask, and I assumed she was the one waiting for the doctor. I could read the magazine clearly from here. VOLKOV  BROTHERS TAKE HOLLYWOOD BY STORM. The faces on the cover looked so alike that most thought they were identical, and there were indeed theories about them all being clones. They all had muscular bodies, and had the same clear, slightly tan complexion. Their raven hair was styled similarly, and their clear, jade eyes could be seen a million miles away. All in all, the general consensus was that they were gorgeous. The eldest had won 'heartthrob of the year' last year, and it seemed his brothers weren't far behind him.

The Volkov brothers were supposedly the most sought out actors in all of Hollywood. Somehow, six guys with mostly Russian heritage had managed to capture every teen girl's heart. I knew there would be trouble if we stayed much longer, and I practically danced with joy when I saw the X ray lab attendant come in to call another name. Sadly, I had forgotten the fact that the universe hated me, and so when the lab attendant opened her mouth to call the name, it decided I couldn't get out of there with that much joy. She must have missed the note in my folder that says DO NOT SAY NAME, SAY EBONY SMITH, because she instead yelled out, "Ebony Vol-ko-vvvv?" The mispronounced name took a second for the girls to understand, but when they did I knew my brother's cover was blown. With one little sentence from one little girl's mouth who's mother obviously didn't teacher basic manner, such as do not stare and mind your own business, my day was ruined.

"Um, sorry. Did you mean to say Volkov?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Again, I am so sorry Mr. Volkov, we had no idea it would get this bad." The doctor apologized for the 50th time. My brother, who had long gotten rid of his silly hat and sunglasses, waved off her concern again. The press had gotten wind, and was crowding the building, so while I was  getting my crutches for my sprained ankle, they were trying to find a way out. We'd called Andrew and Alex as soon as the girls started screaming, and they were on their way to come pick us up. The plan was to get to the car as fast as we could from the back exit, the only problem being the fact I was now confined to crutches. If I fell on my face one more time in front of the paparazzi, Larry, my brothers' manager, would have my head. He'd already called once to remind us that we should have called him so he could find us a place, and it seemed as though we may be getting a lecture from him next time we see him.

We got the text from Alex saying they were there. One look at me in my teal cast, though, and Dmitri figured I wouldn't make it.

"I love the faith you have in me." I said as I hobbled to my feet. Within two steps I was hurdling to the ground. Dmitri grabbed me before I could fall though.

"Yeah, well, you've already gotten one broken limb, how about we try avoiding another. Get on my back" he reasoned. But he should know me by now. I don't often get along with reason. After an intense stare down, he finally said, "Okay, that's fine. I'll just leave you here then." and started walking away. As I tried to follow, I once again fell down, this time without his help to stay upright. "Okay, okay. You win. Now help me up." I relented. He smiled as he helped me get up and gave me a piggyback ride to the back door.

He quickly opened the door and we were met with the flashes of cameras as we fought our way to the car. It seemed the paps had the same idea of the back door as we had. When we finally reached the car, I was met with five  pair of hands helping me quickly get in and close the door while Dmitri quickly jumped in. Ivan was driving, and he quickly but safely drove through the crowd of people and onto the highway. When I had finished telling my tale of surviving the X ray machine, my brother closest age wise, Nikolai, or Kola, hugged me from the side. 

"Oh," He started, "Did little Ebby have a tough day?" He spoke in a baby voice, knowing how much I hated it. "Hey, stop it Kola, it's your fault she's hurt anyway. You're the one who collided with her." Dominick laughed. Kola turned a shade of red while stating that it wasn't his fault. I laughed while I hugged him. 

I knew that he felt really bad, because even though I have my clumsy moment, I've never had a broken bone before. My family is super protective towards each other. My mom died when I was just a couple months old, and my dad died a couple years after in the army, so I never got to meet either of them. We lived in foster homes until Dmitri turned 18, which was hard because there was always that chance that they would split us up. When I was nine, I got put into this house by myself, and was bullied by the other kids, so my brothers often took it upon themselves to be my protectors.

When Dmitri was sixteen, he started getting really into acting, and actually got into this really big role. After he turned eighteen, the same happened to Andrew and Alex, who were seventeen. Pretty soon all my brothers were actors, and became really famous. I haven't ever done anything, though I also really like acting. I'm sure if I wanted to my brothers would help me out, but right now I want to enjoy being a teenager.

We finally reached our house an hour later, at nine pm. The boys were going on some press tour for the rest of the summer, and had to leave the next day. I was supposed to stay home, but Dmitri said that now I had to come along. We'd be riding a tour bus, and stay there at night too. The bus was meant for more passengers, so I would be leaving my nice warm bed for a bus bed built into a wall in the same room as my six brothers. Great.