The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 40

Start from the beginning

The blood splashes across Tsunade's face and chest, causing her to freeze with wide eyes as she holds her hands in front of her face. Jiraiya scowls as he realizes they know about Tsunade's most prevalent fear.

Blood.

"One down, two to go!" Kabuto sneers, punching Tsunade back and into the arms of Shizune. Naruto growls, charging straight for Kabuto recklessly in anger.

"Naruto, stop!" I call out desperately, although my plea falls on deaf ears. As much as I want to go out and help Naruto, I couldn't take any chances. Not with Orochimaru around. Naruto creates three shadow clones, each of them aiming for Kabuto's injured side.

He easily defeats the clones as if they were nothing but a game to him, kicking Naruto back and into Shizune's arms with a force that sends them flying back. Two needles fly from Shizune's mouth unexpectedly, aiming straight for Kabuto.

He seems to freeze in place, his teeth gritting as he angles his head down slightly, deflecting the poisoned needles with his headband. As much as I hate to admit it, that was a clever move on his part.

Chuckling, Kabuto pulls out a small pill and places it in his mouth, glancing over at Orochimaru with a sinister smirk.

"Lord Orochimaru, would you say it's time to undo the bandages on your arm?" he suggests, tilting his head to the side mockingly. Orochimaru grins darkly, pulling his arm up to his mouth as his snake-like eyes zero in on me.

"Indeed."

"Shizune, you can handle four-eyes over there," Jiraiya instructs, cracking his knuckles with a chuckle. Ryouichi-sensei steps up next to him, his eyes narrowed on Orochimaru.

"Jiraiya and I will handle Orochimaru. Satomi and Naruto, stay out of the fight and watch over Tsunade," Ryouichi-sensei commands.

"Hai, sensei," I reply, grabbing Naruto's hand and bringing him back to Tsunade with me. He stumbles over himself, glancing at Kabuto and Orochimaru almost longingly.

"Oh come on! I wanna fight!" he whines, stomping his foot childishly. I sigh, placing a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. 

"Not this battle, Naruto. As much as I hate to say it, we can't compare to these guys," I say with a frown. Naruto glances at me, standing down when he sees my serious expression.

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu!"

Jiraiya, Orochimaru, and Ryouichi-sensei had each performed a summoning technique simultaneously, a cloud of smoke covering the area. The first summoning I notice is a pair of snakes, with Orochimaru and Kabuto on top of them.

The next one I notice is a huge chameleon, its eyes bugging around with my sensei kneeling on top of its head. My jaw drops as I see the summoning, it was perfect for Ryouichi-sensei! Hopefully he will teach me how to summon chameleons too...

The last one I notice is a small toad at the foot of Jiraiya, nowhere the size of Ryouichi-sensei and Orochimaru's summons. It seems that the drug had yet to wear off...

"Move aside, Pervy Sage! I got this!" Naruto claims, strolling up beside him and performing a summon of his own. Unfortunately, that falls flat, with yet another small toad appearing rather than Gamabunta.

Suddenly, Orochimaru's snakes make their move, with the one that Kabuto was currently riding slamming its body on the ground in front of us. Debris flies everywhere, causing all of us to jump up to avoid any from falling on us. 

The snake head darts forwards, swallowing Naruto whole right beside me. I gasp, jumping across more debris until I safely reach the ground, only to find Shizune engaged in combat with Kabuto. Ryouichi-sensei and Jiraiya were keeping Orochimaru occupied, which allowed me to tend to Lady Tsunade.