6

As Betty and Cheryl walked through the halls of Hawkins High School, eyes were on the two cousins. They passed by a classroom, in which Billy was conversing with a girl. As they walked by, he stared at both of them, his eyes mainly fixed on Cheryl. Once they passed, he turned back to the girl. "I'm sorry. But I have to go." With a wink, he left the room and followed after the two. 

Cheryl felt a hand grab her hand. She turned around ready to smack whoever grabbed her hand, only to find it was Billy. She rolled her eyes. "What is it now?" Betty heard the conversation and turned around. Billy looked from the redhead to the blonde. "Who's this?" Betty glared at him. "Betty. Cooper." 

Billy nodded, then turned his attention back to Cheryl. "I just wanted to know if you were doing anything tomorrow." Cheryl bit the inside of her lip and looked at Betty, who was mouthing NO. Cheryl sighed. "Actually, I am. I am spending time with my cousin here." Billy slightly sneered, and stepped closer to her. 

"A shame. I was hoping to spend time with you." With that, he walked past them. Betty looked at Cheryl, who was looking a little dazed. She snapped her fingers in front of Cheryl's face. "Hey, Cheryl." Cheryl blinked, and looked over at Betty. "What?" Betty sighed, and rubbed her forehead. "That's how he wins. You have to show him that you're unfazed." Cheryl nodded. "I'm glad you're here, Betty." Betty smiled. "Me too." 

After school, Betty and Cheryl walked past the gym on the way to Cheryl's car. Out of the corner of her eye, Betty noticed two teenagers talking in between buildings. The boy looked upset, and the girl looked confused. The boy walked away from the girl, and the girl sighed. Betty tilted her head, wondering if they just broke up. She turned her head back to Cheryl, only to find that Cheryl was farther away. She sighed in frustration and ran after Cheryl. 

Sorry for the short chapter. I'm just busy with school at the moment, and I don't have a lot of time to write new chapters.