4

She scoffed. "With you?" He nodded. "Yeah, unless you'd rather drive alone." She sighed. It was a while since she had been in a car with someone who wasn't her mother. She started the engine. "Just to be clear, this is only happening once." He smirked. He was getting closer to his goal. "Fine by me." She stepped on the gas. 

The cool evening air brushed past the two as they drove around Hawkins. She took a breath. The downside to being a little buzzed was that all her negative thoughts flooded back. Her mother was probably with some guy, and she had left all her friends in Riverdale. 

She was so immersed in her thoughts, she didn't notice that the car was moving towards the side of the road. She didn't notice, but he did. He noticed that she was out of it, and if he didn't act soon, they would crash. Without even thinking, he grabbed the wheel and steered them back onto the road. This was all she needed to snap back to reality. She stopped the car. He sighed. "What the hell was that?" She started to panic. "I don't know." 

She looked around, and saw that they were near the party. She kept her eyes on the road and didn't look at him. "Get out." He was set back. He wasn't used to being told to 'get out', and it angered him. "What?" She turned to face him. "You heard me, get out of my car." She sighed, and let go of the wheel. "I just need to be alone right now." He stood up out of rage and slammed the car door shut. She sighed, and drove away. 

When she got home, she noticed her mother was standing right there, her arms folded. "Where have you been?" She sighed. "At a school event." Her mother sighed. "I'm too tired to deal with you now. Get out of my sight." She pushed past her mother and almost sprinted towards her room. This was the longest night of her life.