5

The next morning, she sat up and rubbed her head. She had the worst headache, thanks to the hangover she was experiencing. Slowly, she stood up. 

The day after Halloween was always mundane compared to the night before. This day was going to be no exception. 

As she walked over to her closet, her mother opened her door. Cheryl turned her head to see her mother, who did not want to be in her room. "God, mother. Learn to knock." Her mother mockingly smiled. "Cheryl, there's a friend of yours downstairs." She rolled her eyes. With her mother, it could be anyone from Josie to... Billy. She shuddered at the thought of Billy in her home. 

Her bare feet echoed on the hard wood as she walked down the stairs. She caught only a glimpse of the unexpected guest, but she would know that blonde ponytail anywhere. "Betty Cooper, to what do I owe this visit?" Betty smiled. "I thought you would like some company. Since the move, we haven't heard anything from you." A smile grew on Cheryl's face. "Oh dear cousin, you have no idea how much this means to me." Betty returned the smile. "I needed some more time away from Chic." Cheryl shrugged. 

"So, how long are you going to be staying, Betty?" Betty looked around. "Oh, probably for a few weeks." Cheryl smirked. "What about your boyfriend?" Betty shrugged. "He'll be coming to pick me up." Cheryl nodded. "Well, come on. I have to get ready for school." 

The two got into Cheryl's cherry red convertible. Cheryl placed her hands on the wheel and sighed. "Before we get there, I feel like I should warn you." Betty folded her arms. "Of what?" Cheryl stepped on the gas. 

"There's this asshole, Billy. He's a lot like Chuck Clayton, only wanting one thing, and constantly sleeping around." Betty nodded. "Oh, well you've handled those guys at Riverdale, and we can handle him." Cheryl pursed her lips. 

"Yeah, but there's one problem." Betty raised an eyebrow. "And what is that?" Cheryl took a deep breath, before confessing to her cousin. "I think I like him."