Part 2

"What?!" Gregor exclaimed, clearly unprepared for this response. The others were too.
"Surely you don't mean there is a war going on between this place and the upper world." Dr. Nyles said.
"Of course not. I meant that we are at war with another group of humans in the Underland." A sigh was heard from a few people around the table, but Gregor still was concerned.
"Who are they?" He asked.
"They are know to us as the 'New Race'. They are a group of outcast Regalians who were banished for some crime they have committed. They have created a nation beyond the Firelands in the Havens of Ash. Their numbers have grown to threatening numbers." Vikus said. They were all somewhat overwhelmed. A peaceful dinner had turned into a war meeting. Sensing the obvious discomfort, Luxa reassured them.
"Please trust that no harm will befall you here. The palace is the safest place in Regalia." None of them relaxed. Vikus saw this.
"I think it is time for the Overlanders to rest. We are not yet sure when it is safe to leave, so it would be best if you rested." Vikus said. He looked at Luxa. "Would you like to escort them to their chambers while I speak with Gregor?" He asked, but it was more of a statement. She gave him a slight irritated glare, but obeyed, and led the four out of the Dining Hall. When they had left, Vikus motioned Gregor to follow him.
"Vikus, what is this all about? Why have they declared war on you guys?" Gregor asked. Vikus took a deep breath.
"A man by the name of Varius, the leader of the 'New Race', came to Regalia with a message. He said that his kingdom wanted revenge for their banishment and that he would help them get it. He then declared war on us. We were all very confused and worried. At the end of rebuilding a kingdom from the destruction of last war, a man from another kingdom starts another." He said.
"But why does this involve me?" Dreading the answer that he knew was coming. The only reason he'd ever been pulled into the Underland.
"There is a prophecy, Gregor." Gregor's heart sank. He stopped and stared at the ground. When he had killed the warrior in his last visit, he had felt a tremendous weight lift of his shoulders. He no longer lived according to the words of a crazy man by the name of Bartholomew of Sandwich. The man that had ruined his life by tying him up in wars and plagues by the words of his prophecies. The prophecies that had almost killed him and killed his closest friends. Gregor hated that man and he hated his prophecies. The weight that he once had, again came crashing down on him like a ton of bricks.
"Follow me." Vikus said.
Vikus led Gregor through a couple more halls until they came to a room that was dimly lit. It looked like an ancient library with scrolls on every shelf. There was a table in the middle of the room with scrolls piled on top of each other. There was a lamp on the table and an un-rolled scroll in the middle. Gregor looked at Vikus in confusion.
"But I thought Sandwich wrote his prophecies in that room..." he said.
"He did. But this prophecy was not written by Sandwich." He replied. Gregor looked back at the table again.
"Nerissa..." He almost whispered.
"Yes. She has written a prophecy and none know exactly what it means, not even her. But she said that you would know what it meant." He said.
"But...me? I thought I killed the warrior? I'm just a kid again." He said, still confused.
"The prophecy doesn't call for a warrior, nor does it call for an Overlander."
"Then why am I here?" Gregor felt himself repeating. Vikus looked at him.
"You are here because we need you. The warrior may be dead, but Gregor is not. Nerissa said that only you can interpret it fully. But that is not the only reason we brought you down here. Not only does Regalia need you, Gregor, but Luxa does too. You bring her hope. She cannot lead her kingdom through this war alone. She needs you, Gregor."
Gregor's mind was swirling. He tried to piece everything together. The war. The "New Race". The prophecy. Luxa. He was overwhelmed. Gregor gulped and nodded to the prophecy.
"Um...what's it say?" He said quietly.
"Come see for yourself." Vikus said and walked over the the open scroll. Gregor read the title, "The prophecy of Alliance".

War to peace and peace to war
But war is not as was before
An underland threat is coming here
The end of time is drawing near

Choose your allies
And choose them wisely

On a journey you must go
Seek aid from those here below
Gnawers, Flyers and something more
To stop a very costly war
Something else that few have seen
Something else, long and lean
A power grows, so it is time
But be weary for the unseen crime
The innocent will surely pay
If with the enemy you choose to play

Choose your allies
And choose them wisely

When the enemy closes in
Together is the key to win
Choose which side you wish to take
For the Underland is all at stake

Choose your allies
And choose them wisely

Gregor finished reading and took a deep breath.

Choose which side you wish to take
For the Underland is all at stake

Vikus looks at Gregor for the answer to his obvious question.
"So...what does it mean?" He asked. Gregor wanted to answer him, but he didn't know what to say. He didn't understand it and he didn't want to.
"I...uh....it is....I don't...understand." He said. "I'm sorry, Vikus. Are you sure Nerissa said I was the only one who would know? Maybe there was a mistake?" He said, suddenly become very tired.
"There was no mistake, but it's possible you may know later." He suggested.
"Vikus, I'm sorry that I couldn't help you. I want to walk through this with you, but I'm really tired. Do you think we could do it tomorrow?" Gregor asked. The old man smiled.
"Of course. You have had a long day. It is best that you rest." Gregor thanked him and was about to leave when he stopped.
"Vikus, where is Luxa?" He asked.
"Check the High Hall." He said with a smile. Gregor left the library and walked through the halls towards the High Hall. He wanted to talk to her before he went to bed. He found her with Aurora in the High Hall. She smiled when he entered.
"Hi." He said with a content sigh.
"Hello, Gregor. Wont you go to sleep too?" She asked.
"Not yet. I want to talk to you first." He said. "Vikus showed me the prophecy."
"And do you wish to leave?" She said with no emotion in her voice or face.
"What? Are you crazy? Of course not! I wanted to tell you that I will stay here until this whole thing is over." He said.
"This makes me happy, but are you sure it is what you want. This is not your battle." She said. Her eyes sad but serious.
"Luxa, your battles are my battles, and your wars are my wars. I won't leave you. We will fight this war together."
She smiled and hugged him.
"Goodnight, Gregor."
"Goodnight, Luxa." He replied and went to his room. He was restless with thoughts of wars, and prophecies. But soon he drifted off to sleep with thought of one person.