PART V: REVELATION

IV: published

Today is the big day! I told Andrew last night when I got to his house and spent the night there. My parents will probably be mad if they find out I drove to that coffee shop and Andrew's without permission. Oh well, obviously I am capable of driving. I was completely fine, so I still really don't understand why I can't drive. Yes, my minor injuries which were fortunately mere scratches and no broken bones, hurts a little when I drive but that's not a big deal. According to the doctors, my leg only hurt because of the impact when the car tumbled down the hill. It wasn't broken or fractured and that's why I could run to the cops. That's why the pain healed very quickly. I am so grateful because of that.

I receive a text from Ryan and he tells me to call his editor or agent, one of those, Shanon. He sends me her number right afterwards and I dial the number into my phone.

Shanon picks up the phone in a cheery voice. 
"Jane! My name is Shanon! I work with Ryan. I'm so delighted to speak with you! I am such a fan of your story! I really thought those murders were real but they were just a metaphor of her split with her friends, love it! It was such an original thought and I know a lot of people will love it. It's relatable too because we all have those people that control us and we are tired of it. I surely do! Anyways, you're going to get your book published today! Exciting news! I am going to make sure and advertise you everywhere he in New York and hopefully expand the advertisement throughout the country. I want your book to hit the bestseller's list so bad you have no idea. You deserve that. I can't believe this book is based on true events though! Was Sarah that evil?"

I changed the names of the characters in my book to avoid any conflict with Evelyn mostly. Sarah is the new name for Evelyn and Andrea is for Ashley. Andrew's was some random name I found, Liam. I told them this and they both laughed. It was a funny idea and that way I make sure my book is pure fiction. Putting real names of real people you know in books isn't the best thing to do unless of course you're writing non-fiction.

"Yeah, there's so much that happened here. You don't even know," I told her, laughing afterwards. Shanon had no idea what had happened and it's so funny that people will read this book thinking that most of the book is fiction and only loosely based on real events but when in reality, it happened. The only part I left out was Jason. He's not in my book because like I mentioned before, it felt inappropriate and disrespectful to do that. In memory of him, I dedicated the book to him.

"I can't wait to hear the story one day, I am such a fan! We'll have to come fly you out to New York one day for a book signing and hopefully for a story on what really happened that inspired you to read this book. Once your book gains popularity, which don't worry, it will. I know exactly how to advertise, it's practically my middle name. I am so going to get you booked here in New York. I'm so excited! Can't you tell? We haven't had such a phenomenal book, such a gripping book, like yours in such a long time and it's such a good refresher. I applaud you so much and cannot wait to meet you. You are special, Jane. In all the magical ways possible. Hey I gotta go but I'll catch up on you later on how it all goes. It's going to be a beautiful days over here at Lewis and Books Co.!"

I thank her for the praise and that I'll keep in touch with her later. I have a fan! That's honestly the best feeling ever. I have spent most of my life just writing without anyone to really share it with because I never thought anyone would understand what I was going through or how I felt. But for Shanon to tell me that my book is relatable means the world to me. She is such a sweet angel and I hope what she says is true. That my book will gain popularity because it's something I'm so proud of. It needs to be read!

I walk into my house from taking off snow from the driveway and I am shocked when I enter the house. Andrew, Ashley, my mother, my father, and a bunch of their friends all yell, "surprise!" and start clapping. They all come to hug me and congratulate me on publishing my book today. It means the world to me to have so much support when I came from not having any. A couple months ago, I was spiraling into a depression. I was spiraling into loneliness and to think that that all changed for the better is a miracle. Everything happens for a reason and I will always believe that. This would've never happened if I never experienced what I experienced. I have learned so many life lessons from this too. It's such an overwhelming feeling of happiness. I am so grateful to finally be happy and at a place where I'm out of the darkness. I won't let anyone take that away from me, or even try to. If I ever encounter someone so fake as Evelyn, I will cut that connection so fast they won't even see it coming. I'm such a new person and my eyes have opened to so many new things. I'm an author now. I have the best boyfriend. I have a wonderful best friend. I am happy.