Darker Than Love | 7

Start from the beginning

"What? you can't blame a girl for not understanding math." I shrugged nonchalantly.

After the remaining twenty minutes of class, the bell finally chimed, indicating that the torture was finally over. I got up from my chair and quickly stalked out of the class with Sasha in tow. "Hey do you remember that guy who approached me at the party?" She suddenly asked.

"Yeah why?"

"He goes to school here! Turns out he's also in the juvenile delinquency program and I think he said something about being friends with Mason, I mean I see them together all the time so they're most likely best friends."

"Uhm do you really wanna get mixed up with a delinquent?" I asked with a nervous chuckle. "Don't ask me questions that you're supposed to be asking yourself." She replied, her brows arched rather highly.

She knows me too damn well. "Anyway, here's your lover boy now." She whispered, her eyes trailing away from me and down the hallway. I followed her gaze and indeed saw Mason standing with the mysterious guy from the party. And god, did he look hot in his uniform. I mean, who could rock this better than Mason himself?

I mean, he did spice it up by wearing ripped jeans and not including the ridiculous red tie around his neck. No one, not even Damien dared to violate the schools dress code and Mason just defied two, even if it was small, suspension isn't a great deal around here and the fact that he doesn't care is what makes it hot.

And then, like a scene straight out of a movie his eyes met mine and then even from where I stood I could see them trailing up and down my body and maybe it was from embarrassment or something else but I could also feel the heat radiating off my body.

I returned the gesture by assessing his fit and admiring his tense muscles that clung to his shirt tightly and tattoos that trailed down the bare part of his arms not covered by his shirt. "Can you two stop undressing each other in public?" Sasha chuckled loudly.

I snapped my gaze away from Mason and looked down at her since she was a bit short before scowling. "Don't speak foolishness, child."

I averted eye contact with her, expecting to find Mason still standing there, but he was gone. "Uhm, I'll see you at lunch?" I murmured, spinning on my heels to acknowledge Sasha, but she was gone as well.

Oh wow, just what I needed.

I lazily dragged my feet to my next class, dreading to see Mason there as well.

I strolled into class three minutes late and ignored the nasty glare that Mrs Patriot sent at me. "You're late!" She snapped in annoyance. Geez, I'm pissing off a lot of teachers today.

"And I have brain cells!" I snapped back, taking her a little off guard to which she flinched and widened her eyes in astonishment. Yeah, no shit, I'm late! I can see that Sherlock.

I rolled my eyes then strolled to the back of the class far away from Mason, I must get him to spill the beans on what he knows about me but if he doesn't wanna talk to me now, then I shouldn't push him.

All that will do is make matters worse.

I placed my chin in my hand and dozed off into my mind of nothingness as Mrs Patriot blabbered on about Christopher Columbus and his history of lies.