Chapter-03

Chapter Three

A black SUV was parked out front, with it stood Edward, Isabella and Her father.

Lana glanced up, her hand covering her eyes from the bright sky, the clouds tumbled lazily across the blue above her.

"Edward has been given all passports and documents for the airport so you don't have to worry about all of that, thank you again for this." He gave a light nod towards Lana and Kassian who shook his hand in return before getting into the car.

Lana sat next to the window on the right, she watched as Isabella embraced her father once more, she almost looked to be in tears which Lana found odd, wasn't it her idea to leave?

After a few more words said between the two Isabella finally got into the car with the couple.

"So how long have you two known each other?" She asked after a while, another attempt at conversation.

It had become obvious that Bella preferred chatter to silence, and that she hated being called Isabella.

She had continually asked random question, changed the music and fiddled with random things in the car, but had finally been quiet for the last twenty minutes which apparently was over.

Lana looked to Kassian to see if he was going to answer, he just turned his head further away, she narrowed her eyes at the back of his head.

"About five or six years. I joined a year after Kassian but still managed to get in every class of his, I'm a lot better than him." She heard him scoff, "and so unfortunately our leaders put us as partners for the next few years of our life."

"So what exactly do you guys do? Apart from being my substitute bodyguards." She gave a small chuckle.

Lana smiled, "ah well that's top secret."

"Right of course."

-&-

"Are you sure Ms Martin, I'm happy to help." Edward pressed once more, as they had left the car Edward had gone to take all the bags and carry them himself, out of fear he'd fall over and not wanting to seem weak Lana and Kassian had taken their own bags much to Edwards disapproval.

Bella had seen the interaction and decided to follow suit, she also took her own luggage, Lana assumed this was something she'd not done before because of how much Bella struggled to move through the airport.

She constantly stopped, adjusted the straps and flipped the suitcase over. Each time she did the driver would reassure that he'd be happy to take it for her, but she stayed stubborn.

Finally they had past security and waited in their own private room for their Jet that Bella's father had ordered for them.

"I'm just going to use the bathroom once more." Bella said nervously, she got up with a deep breath to find the toilets.

"She's like you." Kassian uttered, it was the first proper thing she'd heard him say since they'd left Massachusetts.

"What do you mean?" Lana frowned at him, how was she anything like herself, the girl was spoiled, chipper and definitely wouldn't be able to survive a day by herself.

"She's afraid of flying, she's a scared little girl, it's embarrassing." Lana's chest warmed with anger, what was his need to always mention how he thought her fear of flying was stupid.

Looking round Lana noticed an old coffee cup, she shook it quietly hoping there was still something in it.

With glee she threw it at an un-expecting Kassian, it hit the side of his head perfectly, the lid split open as it fell onto his lap, allowing the small amount of dark liquid to drip onto his jeans.

He whipped round in his seat with an infuriated face, "you bitch." She smiled happily at him.

"What are you going to do about it Kassian?" His fist balled up, her heart raced, but she was sure he'd keep his cool, they were in public he wouldn't be that stupid, "aw too scared?" She knew she was pushing her luck.

He stood up slowly, glowering down at her, with just a few slow steps he could grip the back of her chair, his put his face close to hers, "don't tempt me because I will fuck you up right here, right now." Her heart was basically beating in her mouth, she could feel it in her ears.

With a slow breath in she whispered back, "you wouldn't dare."

"Guys?" A timid voice spoke out, Lana realised Bella had finally left the bathroom from her tenth trip there.

Lana stared into Kassian's eyes a moment longer before he finally got up.

"Yes?" He said, a hint of annoyance in his voice, he checked his watch, "oh right." Then went to grab his bags, he didn't even look at Lana has he said "get your shit together, our planes here."

It's so late!

It's so late!

But what do you think so far? 🤔

do you like the characters? 🤷‍♀️

Vote and comment! X

🌟