Chapter Six

Jade

It was a Saturday morning. Mom had gone to a wedding party, Dad at work, leaving Ladi, Pearl, and I at home. For Ladi, I trust him to always find his square root. No more friends flocking around me since I had no choice but to repeat the same class again. I was expecting it, so I wasn't really affected. Thinking of where to go when my phone rang. I saw Ladi's number flashing on my screen, but I intentionally did not pick it. He might be calling because he forgot something at home. He was good at that.

My phone rang twice and his call never came in again. A minute later, Pearl who locked herself up in the room came out looking like someone who just woke up after many years of sleeping. "Jade," she called, walking close to me. "Ladi just called now and asked if you would like to come to a get together his friends organized."

Get together!

I jumped out of my seat, finally happy to have somewhere to go to. The only thing boringness haven't done in the life of people is unconscious death.

"What! Why are you jumping like a frog?" I knew pearl just wanted me to talk but I didn't have her time. "Are you going or not?" I asked, even though I already knew her answer.

"No!" We both said at the same time, and immediately, she started laughing because she realized I knew her too well. "I know you don't want me to follow you before," she said

Liar. Using that to cover up.

Sister I know you. Don't be forming here.

I rolled my eyes at her. "I just pray boringness will not kill you okay."

She laughed and shook her head. "With all the dictionaries we have in this house, you're still pronouncing boringless."

Ishhh... "Boringness will not kill you! Do you have a ear problem?" I shouted into her two ears before walking away. I couldn't waste my time with that knowing she was intentionally trying to piss me off.

Boringness...or...Boringless!

Story for the gods!

I knew why Pearl never liked going out, and would insist on staying home. She was very insecure of her stature and believed she could not attract anyone with it, especially guys. But wait... Must you kill yourself because of the way you are? I saw her walked in, but I kept on searching for the clothes I was going to change to.

"God, I just like this girl's stature!" She rambled about Toke Makinwa's stature that appeared on what she was watching. She wanted the skin, curves, and the glow. I shook my head for her. She should get ready to work her ass out to get money for that body. 

Now it was my turn to annoy her. "She doesn't eat three plates of rice, and still claim to be hungry ma. Draw a food time table, and be blessed." 

Pearl laughed and threw her pillow at me. "Story story. In fact, I'm going to that get together self." She came close beside me and pushed me on the bed with her heavy weight intentionally. I stayed like that unable to stop laughing as she twerk with her big butt. "That habit of eating is how she gets her fat ass. That flat plate behind you can't jog this way." She turned back, brought out her tongue at me, and let her butt bounce at my face again. "To get this shape, eat ten plates of rice a day, and be blessed."