It Takes Almost Dying - Jughead Jones

Request by WriterGirlme
Prompt

Warnings, anguish, main character injury, fluff ending Pairing jughead x reader Story

Pairing jughead x reader
Story

You walked alone along the path leading up to pops. On your way to meet the gang as you called them. You, Jughead, Archie, Betty, Cheryl, and Kevin had been friends for as long as you could remember. There wasn't a day that you all didn't spend time together. Then Veronica came to town and completing the group making you the magnificent seven. Thursday's was group night, a night was you'd all meet in pops before going to the feature movie at bijou or during summer you'd hang out by sweet water. Now Jughead had joined the serpent's and was still in a meeting with them at the Whyte Wyrm often making him late for group night.

"so y/n how long you gonna wait before telling Jughead yours in love with him. Some of those girls in the serpents are hot" Cheryl said. Everyone laughed knowing she was talking about Toni topaz, the pink haired serpent who'd stolen her heart. Cheryl smiled "well tee-tee only proves my point about serpent girls, get your boy before finds biker chick," she says raising her eyebrow.

It was no secret among the group that you were head over heels for the raven-haired boy. You'd started crushing on him when you were about 12 and it only got worse the older you got. Now you only had eyes for Jughead but were to shy to actually tell him, afraid of rejection or worse a void in the close friendship you had with him.

Unbeknown to you Jughead had loved you for just as long as you'd loved him. He'd never known what to say about his feeling for you chose not to say anything at all, hoping if you felt the same that you'd make the first move so he didn't have too. His serpent meeting had gone on longer than he'd hoped, he took out his phone to text saying he was going to late. "texting your girlfriend" Toni teased. Jug shot a look at her to say shut up, "oh come on Jones just tell her and if you can't find the words just kiss her. She'll get the message" Toni said as she wiped down the bar. After listening to her continue to talk him into expressing his feelings, Jughead decided he was going to do it make the first move. As soon as the meeting finished he got on his bike racing to pops to find you "go get her tiger" Toni called as he pulled off.

You went outside for some fresh air and a break from Cheryl you loved her but wished she'd leave this whole Jughead thing alone. You'd been sitting on the wall re-reading the text jug had sent 20 minutes ago, saying he was going to be late. Another text came through on my way now see you in 5 mins it said. You smirked "well hurry up I need to talk to you" you typed back. It was a few minutes later when you heard the sounds of skidding tires and scraping metal gave you the worst feeling. Running to the sound your worse fears were met. Jughead laid on the road, his bike on the ground under a car.

You screamed as loud as you ever had before dropping to your knees next to him, not caring if they were cut or not. Filled with panic you start calling out his name screaming at him to look at you move say something. He didn't he laid still with his eyes closed.