The Splitting Of Halves

Yelling wakes me, powerful sounds that shake the windows of the house.

"Odin you need to settle down." Luna Bessa's voice is lowering in a calming tone.

"Settle down! Tell me how am I suppose to settle down, she will remember everything. You told me that she wouldn't remember." His voice is throwing out accusations that I'm trying to grasp.

"You lied to me, father!" A body slamming into the wooden beams has the whole house creaking and groaning with the force of the collision.

"You lied to me." This time Odin's voice sounds anguished, full of pain.

He feels pain.

"I never lied to you Odin; it's just that-" A hard hit as if a fist just cracked a jaw, glass breaking Luna Bessa screaming to stop.

The world inside the house implodes.

Son against father.

Getting up, my hands against the walls to support my body that feels as if I am on a ship sway on the seas.

My stomach turning and tossing, nausea building up inside.

Looking out the bedroom door my eyes are having a hard time believing what they are seeing. Odin and his father crashing against the door until it breaks.

Falling outside Odin is saying all his words with his fists that are connecting hard and fast against his father's face.

"What else have you lied to me about." A madness rushes from Odin's body into his father's.

Odin closes his eyes, no movement until they open up wider than before.

"You have lied to me, your own son!" Odin's on the verge of tears but his rage covers it all up.

Luna Bessa tries to step in, both males say, "don't."

"All I have ever wanted was for you to be better than me. I have only wanted better for you." Borson's voice waivers, his words getting stuck in his throat.

"All I ever wanted was for you to love me, that's all I ever wanted. You stopped doing that as soon as I came back to the pack without Charlie's blood on my hands. How could you ask that of me? How could you do that to me?" Borson flinches.

"I was following the Moon, Odin. I was wrong in asking that of you. I was wrong about almost everything." The apology falls against Odin who is crying.

I'm crying, Luna Bessa is against the house that's holding herself up, watching this fight.

"I have ruined my mate. She can't stand the sight of me, she can't stand the smell of me, she can't stand her half - all because of this." Odin holds up his arm, the six symbols remain etched in his skin.

"Look at me, look at me, father. This is what you created, this is what you wanted for your child?" Odin's body does not sway but internally he's splitting in half. 

My half is tearing apart.

Borson steps into his male's space and holds him.

Cheek against cheek.

"I seek my retribution for the lies you have told about Charlie, about her pack, about her father." Odin cries as his stance widens.

Borson faces his son's terror head on, he doesn't flinch from what's coming to him.

"I tried to make you proud of me, father. I have tried, nothing was ever good enough for you. So I tried to be stricter with myself. I just couldn't kill her, I couldn't do the only thing that ever mattered to you." Odin hits his chest with his fist.