Fight

"Seth?" I asked surprised and not in a good way.

"Boy needed a job. Wanted to learn how to become a supervillain like me, so I took him under my wing." Seriously? He took him under his wing, but not his own daughter, what the hell?

"Great. Just great." There was way too much sarcasm in there for her. "Cassy, I told you not to trust him. We should have taken him down, when we had the chance," said Aurora. Last time I remembered she was on his side, wanting us to get back together.

"Seth, come on. You wouldn't hurt me," I told him with disbelief.

"You left me remember? It kind of hurt. Not to mention everything else and everyone else I lost because of you. I'm all alone and it's your fault. Now it's time for me to raise up in the criminal ladder."

While both of our attention was on Seth, my dad activated his weapon and shoot Aurora so suddenly, that she didn't have any time to get out of the way.

"Get Cassy, she's next," my dad told Seth while he started to recharge his weapon. He should have maybe done two weapons.

I didn't have time to check if Aurora was okay, because Seth came at me with a metal baseball bat. I barely had time to dodge. The girl was lying on the ground unconscious, at least I hoped she was and not dead.

"Seth, stop. I don't want to hurt you."

"I don't think you can hurt me anymore."

"Seriously?" He was such a cliché.

I turned into my crystal form and knocked him out. It was so easy, that it looked like he pretty much let me knock him out.

Sudden beeping sound caught my attention. The weapon had finished loading and was now pointed straight at me.

I put my hands in front for protection, but as soon as a light beam came out of the weird canon thing my crystal form disappeared and instead light blue fire came out of my hands. It neutralized the beam and before I knew it, the entire weapon was nothing but a big metal blob on the floor. The flames had been so hot, that they just completely melted the thing.

"I figured something like this could happen," he said. "That's why I made myself an extreme heat resistant suit. You can throw whatever you want at me little girl, you can't hurt me." If he knew something like this could happen, then why bother shooting me with the weapon at all.

"Same goes for me. Like father like daughter, right?"

"We are nothing alike. If we were, I wouldn't be here taking you out."

"Why exactly are you trying to take me out? What did I ever do to you?" I had been wondering that ever since that meeting in the lab.

"It's simple, you're a competition."

"How am I a competition? You just said we're nothing alike." And now I was good and he was bad.

"Now you aren't. Now you are just an annoyance. I can't exactly complete my plan, when you are going around saving the world."

"Dad, I think you need a reality check. I'm not saving the world, maybe just this city, but mostly I'm just putting you in prison, because dad or not, you are a complete nutjob. Also, what is your plan? The same one you've had for 20 years? Clearly, it's not working. You are never going to take over this city."

"We'll see about that. I got rid of one superhero, now his daughter. You think you have a better chance? This time I'm prepared and with no heroes to protect this city, it is going to be all mine," he said with a cartoonish evil laugh. He really had lost his mind. I was glad mom wasn't with him anymore. Still didn't get how they ever managed to live together in the first place.