Dilemma

A couple of days later I was sitting alone in my room, reading a chemistry book. It was really late and Aurora had run out to do her hero thing already about four hours ago. It usually never took her that long – I mean the girl had super speed.

Suddenly I heard knocking on the window, which was super odd, because I lived on the third floor. I got up from the bed and slowly went to the window. It was kind of like I had stepped into a horror movie – a beaten up bleeding pale girl was floating behind the window, her body looked lifeless. It almost seemed like she was asleep and held up by some wire.

It took me a few seconds to get over the shock, so I could actually make myself open the window. As soon as I had done that, Aurora basically fell in through the window. I tried to catch her, but we ended up both falling on the ground.

I got up and tried to get Aurora to stand too, but she didn't respond. Her eyes were closed. Luckily she wasn't very heavy, so I managed to kind of half lift half drag her on to her bed. Then I tried to get her to wake up. She seemed really badly insured, which was really surprising, because I didn't even know she could get hurt.

I slapped her on her cheek and yelled her to wake up. It took me like five times, before she slowly started to open her eyes, but as soon as she got her eyes open, she started to close them again.

"Oh no, don't you dare to close your eyes!" I yelled at her, which made her open her eyes again. "Come on, Aurora, try to stay awake!" I shook her to keep her conscious.

"Alright, I'm awake," she said with a really weak voice.

"Why did you come here? Why not fly to the hospital?" I asked her.

"I can't go to the hospital. They can't find out."

"Are you stupid? Wouldn't it be better if they found out, instead of you dying?"

"I'll heal. It's just gonna take a little time." She sounded like she was going to pass out again.

Suddenly I heard a phone ringing. It wasn't mine. Then I spotted a phone on the ground. It must have fallen out of Aurora's seemingly nonexistent pocket. Since Aurora clearly wasn't able to answer it, I picked up the phone from the ground. The screen said Patrick. Didn't know, who that was, but I answered anyway. Thought it might be her sidekick or something, all superheroes had those.

"Hallo," I said.

"Who are you?" asked the guy on the phone.

"I'm Cassy, Aurora's roommate. She isn't able to answer the phone at the moment."

"What did you do to her?" I guess he was trying to be threatening.

"Nothing really, except drag her on to her bed. If you have any better ideas, what to do with her, I am willing to listen." The floor was now covered with blood. It was going to take some time, to get everything clean again.

"Don't you dare to lay a finger on her. We will be right there," he said sounding way overly dramatic and ended the call.

So apparently she had more than one sidekick. Interesting... I didn't really have any more time to think about it, because I remembered that Aurora was still kind of dying.

"Okay, try to stay awake for a little bit longer. I'm going to get you some water." I said and glanced at her before leaving the room, her eyes were barely open.

I went to the kitchen to get a glass and a towel, to clean some blood off her. Of course I took her towel, not mine. That blood was probably never going to come out.

CassandraOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara