Long night

I turned off the smoke machine. Instead of usual ingredients, they had some drug put in there, that had knocked them all out. They were all lying on the floor unconscious – four boys and one girl. I checked their pulses, which were really weak, but it seemed we got there just in time.

Twenty minutes later we were nervously sitting in the ER waiting room, hoping to hear some news. At least I was nervous... Seth was his usual calm self, which was totally creeping me out, because I had no idea, what he was actually feeling. He just loved doing his poker face.

"I told you, they can't handle themselves," said Seth like what happened was my fault. How could he be so blind?

"It didn't have anything to do with that," I explained. During our way to the hospital I had time to think about what happened. It was actually pretty obvious.

"What do you mean?"

"It was done on purpose."

"You mean they wanted to knock themselves out?" He asked with disbelief.

"Not them, Kendra. She is the one with drugs. She knows how much kills." I didn't understand, how he couldn't figure it out himself. He had been with them this whole time.

"Why would she..." Seth was interrupted by a doctor.

"You were the ones, who called the ambulance, right?" asked the doctor.

"Yes," answered Seth.

"And how do you know these people?"

"We're their upstairs neighbors. We saw smoke coming from the apartment," he lied.

"I see... Well you should know, that they are all waking up. You got to them just in time. Were you close with them?"

"Not really," said Seth.

I bet the doctor read something else out of my eyes, because he said: "The girl's body was full of markings indicating repetitive sexual assault, you wouldn't know anything about it, would you?" He was looking at me. I couldn't pretend not being worried about them, especially about Kendra. I actually didn't really care much about the boys, but I didn't want them to die either.

"No," answered Seth, before I could say anything.

"We are having the men checked. If it turns out they are responsible for it, they could go to prison for some time. The police will also be here shortly to take your statement." So they even got the police involved.

We nodded and sat down as the doctor left.

"Can you figure out now, why she would do something like that?" I asked Seth furiously.

"Why do it now?"

"Maybe she finally had enough. Or she just needed you out of the house, so you wouldn't be there to stop her. The others are clearly dumb enough to not realize, when they are being killed. Probably the same thing happened to Jake and Ryan."

"You think Kendra killed them?"

"I'm pretty sure she did. She didn't have me to back her up and you were just ignoring everything like usual, so she had to stand for herself."

"I wasn't ignoring everything."

"Did you know, what they were doing?"

"Yes, but I told them not to, even beat them up once. I couldn't get into a fight with all of them all the time, that wouldn't have solved anything, they would have just turned against me. Besides if I had just constantly fallowed around Kendra to protect her, then I wouldn't have done anything else and the guys would have found some other way to cause trouble. She provoked them too. You know, what she's like. She hasn't been in her right mind pretty much never." I seriously wanted to kill him right now, but the police came in from the door with the doctor, who had spoken to us before.