Confession

I teleported myself to Seth, but ended up in the middle of an empty street at a very creepy neighborhood. Most of the houses seemed in terrible need of repairs, if they weren't already just abandoned. Seemed like I accidentally teleported into a ghost town, but that is where my home used to be. Right now it felt like living there had been in another lifetime or like a bad dream.

"So I see you're okay now," said Seth from behind me. I was already starting to wonder, why I had ended up on that street.

I turned myself around. "I see you're still not good at listening."

"I waited in your room for about fifteen minutes, then decided you were busy, so I thought I'd check on the others in the meanwhile."

"I thought you said you guys were doing better, but you are still living here, where we used to." I was a bit confused.

"But now we have an apartment with electricity, heat and water, not some random abandoned building. It's just cheap living here and also safe, because the police rarely come here."

"Show me this amazing apartment of yours then." That was so not, what I actually meant and my voice gave it away quite well. I was pretty sure it was going to be far-far from amazing.

"Sorry I left the room." He said as we started moving towards their new living space.

"Doesn't matter, I expected that."

"So why are you so pissed off?"

"You ratted us out?!" I just said it out. This had been going throw my head ever since Aurora told me and I felt like I needed an answer fast.

He looked at me like he had no idea, what I was talking about.

"The bank robbery! You called the police. What's wrong with you?!" I explained to him and not very quietly.

"It's complicated." He replied with sadness in his voice. Also, it didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it any farther, which was not okay with me.

"No, it is not complicated! We would have gotten away with it. We would have never had to worry about anything ever again. We could have gone living somewhere warm, be like on a vacation for the rest of our lives and you just ruined it. Why would you do that? You better start explaining no matter how long it takes. Remember, I have superpowers now, I could just teleport you in the middle of an ocean and I'm very tempted right now."

He sighed and then started walking, since we had stopped, when I started yelling. In this neighborhood, nobody cared about anything - you could basically plan a murder out loud and nobody would do anything about it, so yelling about a bank robbery was an everyday occurrence to them.

"Two days before the robbery your father came to me. Somehow he had found out about it. He said that we have to get you arrested for it or he will kill us all," he explained.

"Seriously? That's it? You didn't think about telling me that? I just had to live in the unknown for all this time?"

"What was I supposed to say? You wouldn't have agreed to the robbery, but he said that you had to get arrested or we all die. He also said, once you are arrested, he would make sure that the rest of us walk away clean." I could resist facepalming myself.

"If I had known that, I would have still agreed to the robbery. I would have just told you to not call the police, you idiot. If we had gotten the money, we could have gone anywhere. My father would have never found us."

"You don't know that. He has a lot of connections. He found out about the robbery."

"They guy is even more pathetic, then you are. He is good at threatening, but that's it. He has tried to take over the world for over twenty years, but he hasn't even come close to taking over this city. Doesn't that say something about him? He probably just heard one of the guys bragging about the robbery in the city. Besides why would he want me in prison? What did I ever do to him, except patch him up?"

"He just said, he needed you out of the way. I never thought things would end up like this. I thought, yeah, that you would get arrested, sent to youth prison. Then you would escape in a couple of months like you usually do and everything would be fine and we could plan a new robbery. I had no idea, that they would send you to an actual prison for that long. I didn't dare to look in your eyes after that. You have no idea how it felt."

"I have no idea? You are so selfish!" He drove me even more mad, then I was before.

"I guess it was actually a good thing," he said thoughtfully. "It might have even saved your life more than one way... It was a crazy winter... Jake and Ryan froze to death." So that is what Kendra meant, when she said they were gone. I thought they had just left the gang. It didn't really seem logical, that they froze to death, they were tough guys.

"Don't make up some lame excuses to justify what you did. There is no way you are walking out of it."

"I know." I bet he was just agreeing with me, so that I'd stop yelling at him. That had always been his life strategy – do whatever you can to keep people calm around you, so mostly just agree with everything, do what they want and let them do what they want. I guess I couldn't really blame him, since that was something that kept him alive at home, before he was old enough to escape.

We ended up in front of a quite well-preserved house. We went through the wooden door, which wasn't even locked and then up the wooden stairs, which were dangerously creaking. Finally, we stopped in front of a greenish looking wooden door on the third floor. There was smoke coming from underneath the door. We looked at each other in the eyes, both realizing, that smoke meant trouble. He probably had the right to come and check on them, because they obviously needed someone to look after them. So much for being adults.

Seth opened the door, which also wasn't locked. The room was filled with smoke, but nothing was burning. I quickly opened every window I could find and at the same time tried to avoid breathing in any of the smoke. Once the room cleared up a bit, we found the culprit. It was a smoke machine, that had been used for a very wrong purpose.

"Call the ambulance," I told Seth, which he did. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it took me so long - Wattpad has been crashing for days now.