Chapter 6

Chuck's POV

Beep!

I wonder who that text couldbe from? Hannah? I thought she was mad at me. It's not like she doesn't have a right to be not after I sent her the text that was meant for Bella. 

Hey. We need to talk.

What could she want to talk about? I mean, don't get me wrong I feel horrible about what happened and I really do regret it a lot but I don't want her to make me feel even worse about it. The truth is I never got over her, I still like her a lot. The only reason I attempted to move on is because I thought that's what she was doing. Why else would she run off during our date just after reading a text?

I stll feel kind of bad about not following her but she clearly wanted to be alone. Or was that some kind of test girls put us through?

Why am I thinking so much about this? I'm a guy, girls are the ones that do the overthinking, we just do whatever we want. But, what if she still has feelings for me too? What if she wants to get back together like I do? I think for a few minutes about all the things she might have to talk to me about. After a while, I realize I still haven't answered her text. I try to come up with an answer that doesn't make me seem too excited. I decide on,

Hey! Yea, sure. Tomorrow after school? My place?

She answered back simply saying 

Perfect.

I know this is something girls usually say but whenever I get a text from her I can't help but smile. I fall asleep before thinking of how to reply to her message.

I woke up late the next morning and barely made it to school in time for homeroom. Hannah and I are in the same grade but we don't have many classes together. We don't have any together today unless you count lunch. 

At lunch when I walk in the cafeteria I notice she is sitting by herself because her friends Danielle and Amanda are both home sick with the flu. I know I'm probably pushing it a little but I go over to her table and sit across from her. We both sit in an awkward silence for a while before saying anything. Finaly, I work up the courage to say,

"Hey. Um, what was it that you wanted to talk about?"

"I'd rather not talk about it here and the bell is going to ring any minute."

When she spoke she rushed every word as if she was so nervous about saying these words. That must be the answer to my question then, if she is acting nervous around me she definitley still has feelings for me. I also noticed that she kept looking around and checking her phone especially when we were just sitting there. She looks so cute when she gets nervous around me! Wait! Why am I thinking about this so much? All I have to do is make the first move.

I leaned over the table and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. Before I could even turn around to walk to my locker I noticed that she was blushing. I walked to my locker and got my books for the rest of the afternoon.

All throughout French she was all I could think about. Even in Algebra, where I really should be paying attention, I couldn't get her out of my head. About halfway through Algebra there was an announcement over the loudspeaker that all freshmen had to report to the auditorium for an assembly. I looked around the hallway to try to find her but she was no where to be seen. When I walked in the auditorium I noticed that she was sitting across the auditorium and I went to sit next to her. 

The assembly began with the normal lecture about bullying and our school's 0 tolerance policy and blah bah blah. No one really begins to listen until they get to the real reason why they got us all out of class. 

"Now, onto the more exact reason why you are all here today." Principal Kalvin began. "Is it has been brought to my attention that a rumor has been going around the school about two students having a relationship in the janitor's closet. Due to the cameras located in the hallway and the closet we know these rumors are not true. But in our school we have a 0 tolerance policy for bullying and lying. Once I find out who is  they will be suspended immediatley. You are all dismissed please return to your classes." 

Sometime near the beginning of Principal Kalvin's speech I grabbed Hannah's hand.  I noticed that her hand tensed at the word suspended. Was she the one responsible for the rumor? I don't think that she would do something like that. At least now I have something to talk to her about after school too. 

The rest of the afternoon dragged on and I didn't pay much attention during class. I couldn't stop thinking about Hannah. There were so many questions going through my head that only she could answer- What does she want to talk to me about? Does she still have feelings for me? Why does she always check her phone and look all around the room when we are together? Is she the one responsible for the rumor? And if she is Why? If she's not why did her hand tense up when Mr. Kalvin said suspended?

I just couldn't wait to talk to her at 4:30- for a few reasons. One, I wanted the answer to my questions. Two, why hasn't she been talking to me. And three, I've missed spending time with her. 

No one commented or followed for a dedication from the last chapter but the first one to comment on this chapter will get this chapter dedicated to them. 

Most of what happened in this chapter isn't what I had planned to happen so the story so there will be more chapters than I had planned but I'm writing these chapters quicker now so the story will stay somewhat on schedule. 

Thank you all for reading! If you really liked this chapter don't forget to vote, comment or even follow!