Chapter 2

• Dedicated to My readers who mean the world to me

To Hannah the school week seemed to take way longer than usual. Chuck had asked her out Monday night and finally after what had felt like years it was Friday at 7. Chuck would be picking her up for their date in one hour.

Wednesday after school Hannah had taken Danielle to the mall with her because she wanted a new dress for her date. They picked out a gorgeous navy blue strapless dress that just reached her knees. She was completely dressed and ready for her date by 7:30.

Chuck got to her house 15 minutes early. Hannah lived about a 20 minute walk from the movie theater and since the weather was perfect they decided to walk. As they walked they began to talk about school and her friends. Beep!  

"I'm so sorry about that! I must've forgotten to put my phone on silent." Hannah said 

"It's fine." Chuck answered

She looked at her phone, Chuck's mine. Stay away. Hannah glanced up at the contact name and it said unknown. Unknown? How could a text message be from an unknown number? She continued walking in silence politely nodding at anything Chuck would say. 

"Is everything okay?" Chuck asked her clearly concerned about her behavior.

"Um. No. Not really. I’m so sorry. I have to go." 

She turned away and ran home, glancing back every few seconds to make sure Chuck was following her. He hadn't. Hannah wasn't sure whether she was upset that he didn’t follow her or to be happy that he didn't because she wanted to be alone. Beep! What could anyone want now? 

Good girl. Now stay away from Chuck before anything bad happens.

Yet again this text was from the unknown number. Hannah didn't know what to do. She didn't even know anyone else who liked Chuck or thought of him as "theirs". For the past 8 years whenever Hannah had any problems she could count on Danielle for help. However, it took Hannah longer than ever to dial her number. For some reason she didn't want to call but she had to. Who else could help her?

Finally, she decided to hit the call button.

H-"Hey Dani. Can we talk?"

D-"Yea. Of course. But shouldn't you be with Chuck?"

H-"It's a long story."

D-"I've got time."

Hannah told Danielle every single detail of what had happened that night. Danielle was really supportive but she wasn't her old self. When they got off the phone the only thing that changed was that Hannah was now worried about Danielle. 

Danielle had always been really helpful and in the past she had always offered advice to help Hannah with whatever her problem was. Hannah had only a few friends who she was close enough to tell things like this to. She decided to text her friend Amanda.

H-Hey can we talk

A-Yea what's up?

H-Danielle is acting really weird and some other strange things have been happening

 Beep! But this text wasn’t from Amanda. It was an unknown number.

Stay away from Chuck and I'll leave you alone. But talk about me and I'll turn into your worst nightmare. XOXO -wouldn’t you just love to know?