Beep!

• Dedicated to My inspiration the real life characters

Beep! Hannah heard her phone ringing from across the room. She ran over to go see who had texted her. Recently, Hannah had started texting Chuck whom she happened to have had a crush on for years. Sadly, the text wasn’t from Chuck it was from her mom saying that she would be home from work late. Again.

Hannah's mom - Mrs. Landcaster - had just gotten a job at a new law firm. She was only contracted to stay at work until 5 but had stayed late at the office almost every day since she had started. Hannah hadn’t asked her mom about it yet though because she knew her mother would say the same thing she always does when Hannah asks questions she doesn't want to answer. "You're 15, I'm the adult. I don’t have to answer to you." Hannah thought that this was ridiculously unfair though because for every 5 minutes after curfew she was late she would be grounded for three days. 

She didn't even bother to answer her mom’s text today. She returned to her desk and continued to work on her homework.

Beep! Hannah was more hopeful when she went to check her phone this time because she had already gotten the usual text from her mom. But, she was disappointed yet again when she saw that it was her best friend, Danielle who had texted her not Chuck. She read the message

D-Want to go see a movie? I hear Enchanted Forest is really good.

H-Sure

This time Hannah was expecting an answer from Danielle so she took her phone to the desk with her. Beep! She picked up her phone and read the message without even realizing who it was from.

Hey 

She glanced at the contact. To her surprise the contact didn’t say Danielle or even Mom but it said Chuck.

She was so surprised to have a text from him especially because it was his turn to text first. They played an unspoken about texting game. One day Hannah would text Chuck first and the next day he would text her. Sometimes, they would skip a day just because they thought they were annoying the other person. However, they had never texted out of turn. Hannah was so happy that she screamed and was suddenly very happy no one had been home to hear her. They texted for about an hour and Hannah was happier than she ever thought a few texts could make her. Their conversation ended the best way possible.

C- Have you seen Enchanted Forest yet?

H- Not yet but I really want to 

C-Do you want to go with me?

H-Sure. We can invite Danielle and Frank if you want.

C-No I'd rather it was just us if that's okay with you. Friday night at 8?

H-Perfect. See you then, night.

C-Night

Hannah immediately called Danielle to tell her that Chuck just asked her to go to the movies with him. Danielle seemed to be almost as happy as Hannah was. She knew that Hannah had liked him for a long time. When Hannah told her the news she tried to be happy but she couldn't hide all of her disappointment. Luckily Hannah didn't notice anything. Danielle didn't have to do any explaining. At least not yet.