six

"so, um

"so, um..." jeongguk trailed off, taking a sip of his bought drink. "jimin said you bought this for me, right?"

"what?" taehyung spat out, almost choking on his own beverage. he gritted his teeth. "no, i didn't."

"oh, well then." jeongguk spun his straw around, watching it spin around in endless circles.

a minute or so of uncomfortable silence took over the air, entailing a subtle cough from jeongguk after he had finished his drink so quickly.

"listen, do you just wanna leave? i have a better place to hang out, if you want," he spoke out with a fresh burst of confidence, looking over towards the window.

taehyung quirked his eyebrows, standing up anyways to throw both of their drinks away. he smirked smugly, leaning over the table to talk lowly, "so are you asking me out or something?"

"no homo, dude." jeongguk promptly stood up too, briskly walking to the entrance door of the cafe.

the older male couldn't just leave like that, so he skipped over to the counter and left a tip for seokjin like he always did every time he ordered a drink or two here. it was the only way besides talking with each other that he showed his gratitude towards seokjin's exquisite coffee-making.

he was about to catch up with jeongguk who had already exited the building, but not before seokjin whispered in his ear. "go get him for me, okay?"

taehyung blushed a deep red, swiftly waving the barista a goodbye and pushing the door handle out into the open swiftly. he swore he had heard a chuckle come from the employee as well, huffing on his way out.

rushing to jeongguk's side, who had strode along quite far, he tried to catch his breath as he slowed down his pace. he attempted to match his footsteps with him, briskly walking with the careless male next to him.

"can you," taehyung panted out, "slow down? like, seriously. how did you even get this far?"

he received a shrug as a response.

"well, can you at least tell me where we're going?"

jeongguk answered with a simple, "we're almost there, don't worry."

it left taehyung speechless, but maybe it was because of the aftereffects of his heartbeat from all of that exercising. maybe.

~~~

"we're here."

taehyung halted to a sudden stop, slightly shocked from where they were at.

"what the heck? where are we?" taehyung questioned to particularly no one.

"you've never been to a hill filled with flowers? wow, you're missing out, taehyung."

"shut up!"