three

"i'm gonna go shower

"i'm gonna go shower. you guys stay put, alright?" jimin stood up, standing up from the couch and walking through his hallway.

after he had left, it was uncomfortable for the two remaining males; the movie they were watching had ended and jimin had decided to pick that opportunity to shower. jeongguk wasn't in the mood to talk at all, and taehyung wasn't too fond of the nothingness between them and the air. they were both tired, that was for sure, but it was taehyung who was more exhausted than anything else. maybe he should've bought that cozy pillow three weeks ago.

although, it was kind of soothing in a way since they didn't have to listen to anything besides the tapping of aqua teardrops softly patting the glass window hidden behind enclosing blinds. it was serene and quiet in the darkness of the night, even through all the unnecessary background noises invading their minds. it was normal for them, but it was more than a coping mechanism or for sleep issues. there was undoubtedly more to it than that, yet their mouths could never utter the explanations flowing through their body. so, they did what they thought they could only do: don't say anything at all.

then again, that's what the two of them always thought; their minds were of a daze everyday, partly because of not getting enough sleep and because of being hypnotized by the grey clouds above. countless nights full of restless eyes and disinterested gazes already gave the impression of peculiarity in society's perspective. perhaps they both didn't mind the unpleasant quietness after all.

taehyung held an empty plate that was filled with ramen before being devoured by him, driven from the hunger in his stomach. he sighed, standing up and bringing the two empty plates to the sink and coming back to sit leisurely on the couch.

"wanna bail on jimin?"

okay, so maybe taehyung was extremely bored and tired to the point of death.

"yea."

and maybe jeongguk was in the exact same condition, but who's to blame them?

~~~

of course, taehyung decided to try and be a gentleman, writing a temporary farewell on one of jimin's many post-it notes, because he quoted himself that he was attempting to be more organized. that never really worked out since he could never be bothered to clean his room and such, so he left them on the kitchen counter if he ever needed to write something to remind himself. taehyung had the same behavior as him regardless, so he couldn't accuse him even if he wanted to. messy clothes were always spread around his room, and he was too amused from the grey skies to even give a care about his surroundings.

it's no surprise that jeongguk and taehyung are sat in the rain.

the actual surprise is that they're sat on the same bench near the clothing shop, but they don't speak of that. it's quiet again, just how the both of them like it. talking was nonexistent between them, but that had already been established who-knows-when. they were laid back, staring up at the countless spectacles of raindrops splashing onto their faces. taehyung silently reached his hand up to touch the liquid, feeling the downpour splatter onto his hand.