♠3♠

You began to study english for the last thirty minutes of the lesson. Ms. Hara then gave homework for all of the students today. However, since you and Hwiyoung were being late, she decided to give some extra works, just as you expected. The task was to create a mind map, talking about a high school lifestyle.

"Great, it's the first day of school and another task." You threw your head on your table, feeling lazy.

"Hahaha come on (y/n)! We can do it together!" Hwiyoung said as he suddenly hit your back lightly, feeling happy that he could spend more time with you throughout his first project.

The bell suddenly rang without anyone realizing, starting the fifteen minutes break time. Half of the students then quickly went to the cafeteria, meanwhile you were included in the other half.

"(y/n)-ssi, you don't go to the canteen?" Hwiyoung asked. "No. I bring my own food." You took your lunch box out from your bag and put it on top of your table.

"Well if you're not going, then I'm not going too." He suddenly said, making you startled. "What? Why?" You raised one of your eyebrow towards him.

"Well, I'm kinda shy around many people. So, I don't really want to go there alone." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously while eyes looking away to random places around the classroom.

"Hwiyoung-ssi, you should befriend other people here, not just me." You gave him a concerned look. " but I think that you could be a good start. " He showed his gummy smile again, making your heart skipped a beat.

Ever since his middle school, Hwiyoung had been known as "the cold city guy". Not only because of his looks, but also because of his treatments towards the people among him. This starting to influence the people to mistaken him as an arrogant person instead.

Due to these reasons, it always felt hard everytime he changed school, especially in the term of "making friends." He was intending to change in this new school, even though it was still hard to open himself up thus leaving you as his first target.

"Hey (y/n), why were you late?" Demi suddenly turned around and talked. "Erhh don't wanna talk about it." You replied her with an embarrassed look.

"Haha I guess it was because of bathroom accident right!" She teased you. "Shut up!!!" You tried to cover her mouth but she swapped your hands away from her face

"And.... nice to meet you Hwiyoung, I'm Demi. (y/n)'s bestest bestfriend in the world, right?" She said while giving Hwiyoung a wide smile. "Tsk. Yeah, whatever." You sniffed. "Nice to meet you too Demi-ssi, I'm Hwiyoung." He then bowed his head lightly, also giving her his gummy smile.

"Hwiyoung-ssi, has anybody ever told you that you are really handsome?" Demi suddenly leaned towards him, closing into his ear. "Why do you want to sit with (y/n)?" She whispered.

"Uh... I met her this morning due to being late, and we somehow became friends." Hwiyoung leaned back, moving further from Demi. "Oh so it was like that." Demi then also leaned back in her usual sitting position.

After that, you opened your special bento box that your mother usually made for you, looking really cute in every possible way.

" (y/n)! It's really cute! Your mother as usual is really an expert! " Demi said while suddenly taking one of your tamagoyaki out from your lunch box to eat.

" you always knew that my mother is like this since last year right. Let me guess, your mother still keep on making you the same meal? " You peeked at Demi's lunch box and as usual, it's always filled with omelets.

"True, but I'm not a picky eater like you so I'm fine with these." Demi suddenly took one of your shrimp again, eating it happily. "Hey! That's my favorite!" You gave her your angry look, even if it was a joke.