(Luca) Chapter 18: Warped Loyalties

Dedicated to kalduck

"Tell me the truth." I demand. My commander's deep voice rustles through the poor phone connection. "You won't like it Luca." He assures me. I want to know the truth. No. I need to know the truth. "Did you kill me father?" I question. My Commander pauses and thinks for a moment. "Yes." He replies. "Good, because I have something for you." I hang up and walk back over to Quin.

"What are we waiting for?" Quin whines. I roll my eyes and turn to face her. "Hey- trust me Quin." I say fakely.

What I was doing needed to be done. Yes Quin was my mate but her loyalties lie with her pack. Mine rested  with my Commander. He had told me truth. Sure he had lied about my father but did it really matter who killed him? I was glad the man was dead. He was spineless and loyal to Nadia.

I wrap my arm around Quin's shoulder and lead her off the road even further. She follows me without a doubt. She was still so naive. I take her to the meeting place. Quin looks around in confusion. A look of horror emerges on her face as a man enters the clearing with us.

"Luca. Luca. Luca. You cold bastard." He says laughingly as he pats me on the back. "Selling out your own mate." He chuckles darkly. I grin back at my commander. Not the rogue commander but my real commander. The warlock Cain Moreau.

"You bastard!" Quin hollers at me as she rips her arm from mine. "You lied!" I shake my head. "I never lied. I simply stretched the truth. You have to understand Quin. I really do care for you. I just care about my cause more." She opens and closes her mouth unable to form words. "The Ever Wolf simply has to die." I shrug.

"What the hell are you talking about? The Ever Wolf doesn't exist! You're crazy!" Quin yells at me on the brink of tears. A very small feeling of remorse creeps through me but I squash it like a bug. "The Ever Wolf is very real and she is very powerful." I respond coldly.

Quin guffaws. "So the lot of you are afraid of some chick who think is immortal? Please. You're all pathetic." She scorns. I shake my head. "She's your cousin's mate Quin. If I were you I'd fear for his life." I say manipulating her and twisting her family loyalty to my will.

Her eyes dart between me and Cain unsure. I sigh. "Since you won't do things the easy way..." I shrug. One of Cain's men pulls a sack over her head. She drops to the ground in it like a sack of potatoes. Cain shakes my hand. "She won't be harmed, as promised."