Ice Pack Run Gone Wrong

I was released from the hospital the next day and as Michelle was wheeling me out I had a flashback to what had happened the night before. The blinding flashes. How my heart jumped out of my skin. How I ran back to my room and locked the door behind me and I didn't even open the door for Michelle when she came back until I made 100% sure it was her and her alone. What if they're still out there!?

"Michelle can you go outside first?"

"What? Why?"

"Can you just do it please?"

She sighs and walks through the automatic doors to about halfway between the parking lot and the hospital doors.

"Am I suppose to be looking out for something or am I just standing out here like an idiot?"

"Uhh no I just thought it was cold or something... nevermind let's go."

"You realize we're in California right? It's practically boiling year round."

"Well it is November."

I get up from the wheelchair as a nurse comes and takes it back inside.

"What's with you? You've been acting weird since last night, is something wrong?"

"No I'm fine, promise."

Actually I'm not fine, inside I'm freaking out. Thousands of questions are running through my mind. Why were they taking pictures of me? How did they even find me? Why am I so important? Are they still following me? Where did Josh go? Josh! That's it! They must have just been there because Josh and Liam were there, and they only took pictures of me because they were mistaking me for one of them. That has to be it! It was a big mistake, I'm no one special so they'll just delete my picture.

"Katie... Katie.... KATIE!"

"What?"

"Why do you daydream so much? It's like sometimes you're on another planet or something."

I shrug at her because honestly I don't have an answer to that. Daydreaming has always been a problem for me in school. The teachers would call my name five times before I would snap back into reality. Maybe it's because for me, dreams has always been better then reality. But now my life feels like a dream, I mean could all of that have really happened?! Or could all of this just be one big daydream that's gone way too far?

"Michelle? Did all of that really happen yesterday?"

"Are you talking about how you not only got your hand broken by and meeting face to face with THE Josh Hutcherson but later you screaming at him for breaking your precious ring? Yes that all really happened along with Liam fucking Hemsworth inviting me for coffee once I get you settled in the hotel room!"

"So basically you're leaving me in my time of need..."

"Katie please, I love you but stop being so dramatic. If I was in your shoes and you had a choice between going out with a guy you've had a impossible crush for what feels like forever or sitting in a room moping around doing nothing would you honestly stay with you?'

I think about that for a while. I mean she does have a point and I guess even if I want her to stay I can't be selfish with an opportunity like this...

"Ugh why do you have to be right all the time! It's getting annoying..."

She smirks and carefully loops her arm through mine.

"Because I'm older and wiser."

"You're only two years older then me so you're not that much wiser."

"Well I can drink and you can't so ha, and I'm wise enough to know that you like Josh."

I stop dead in my tracks and I feel all the blood rush to my face at once. How could she think that? Do I like him? I barely even know the guy let alone like him!