I love him

"Sans... Please you need to talk." A goat monster wearing a green dress asked a skeleton. 

He looked to the night sky, his hand holding a red scarf. The scarf that smelled just like another skeleton. The god of death, looked at the stars in longing. 

"Must I?" He asked, his voice soft, holding little emotion as tears welled. His hood was hung over his head where no one could see his eyes, so he knew that his oldest friend never saw this. 

"Yes, please... Sans... I'm worried about you... Please talk to me..." The goddess of life tried, tears falling from her golden eyes. 

Sans, or Reaper sniffled, fearing what he had to tell. He didn't want to, but knew Life was right... She was right about most things... 

"O-Okay... But I don't want to right now... Tomorrow, please..." His voice went into a whimper near the end. 

Life nodded, reaching her hand out as to be comforting, but held back. She needed to give the other god his space. Even though he never told anyone on why he suddenly changed, she knew not to upset him further. 

"I'll wait in the garden by noon... Please come as soon as you can, Sans." With that, she left... Life left Death with his thoughts...

"Hehe..." He chuckled as he knew she wasn't near. "How ironic..." He whispered, tears clouding his eyes. "It is that I want to die so much..." 

Slowly, he broke. His power killed the plants nearest to him as well as the poor animals that were close to him. He sobbed into the scarf, he cried in pain... In grief... In torment, knowing that the one skeleton that made him feel normal was gone... Gone and he could never go and see him...

"I-I'm sorry, love..." He whimpered, hugging his knees. 

They all thought Death couldn't cry... They all thought that Death couldn't feel... That he couldn't fall in love or have that sort of happiness... Maybe they were right... He shouldn't have that type of pain...

"Sans?" Life asked, her eyes widening as she saw the grieving god. 

His hood was off for the first time in months, in a year actually! All he did was work endlessly, trying to end peoples' suffering faster and faster... Working harder than even his brother! Barley ever sleeping, not even on the job he hates so much!

The look was what told Life that something was indeed wrong. Reaper usual had dark circles under his eyes, but they were to the point of being black against his white bones! Tear tracks stained his skull, making it a taffy brown color. His eye lights were completely gone and his aura was strong, filled with demise. 

"S-Sans?" Life questioned, her tone quivering. "W-What's going o-on..." She reached a hand out, wanting to care for her friend. 

"I'm here, Life..." His voice was faint, like he wanted to run, to leave as quickly as he could...

"S-Sans... Please tell me what's going on!" The motherly goat shouted, anger burning her as she started at her friend. 

He gave a dry laugh, his smile weak and sad. 

"What's wrong is that I love him..."