{Chapter 9} Hike

~(Y/N)'s POV~
After Craig parked the car, I waited for him to get out to make sure this was for sure our stop. He got out of the car and grabbed a bag filled with camping gear. He motioned his hand for me to get out too. I unbuckled my seatbelt and hopped out, not at all ready for what I was about to see. It was so beautiful. It was some sort of hiking trail in the woods, surrounded by beautiful plants and just a beautiful scenery in general. The weather was perfect, too. "I thought you weren't going on your afternoon run?" I asked. "Well, my bro, I lied. I am and you're coming with me. Don't worry though. I picked this place special for you. It's so beautiful here, I thought you'd like it." Craig replied. Awe, Craig really picked this just for me? He's such a sweetheart. We began to walk on the trail that was unlike any other hiking trail I've ever seen. It was really well made and it actually looked like a lot of time and effort was put into it. Now, don't get me wrong. I hate any form of exercise, but I don't mind doing it with Craig. It makes me happy to be here with him.
After we were walking for about 10 minutes, Craig unpacked all our stuff. He sent up our tent near a table and threw our stuff into the tent. We went back hiking. Craig and I stopped to look around. "It's seriously so gorgeous here, Craig. How did you even discover this place? We're like, the only people here." I asked. "Well, when all you do is exercise, you slowly discover all the places you can go for a run or a hike." he said to me. I guess he knows this town like the back of his hand. I hope I'm able to be like that after a while of living here. "Bro! Look at that!" Craig exclaimed, pointing off into the distance. He pointed at 2 deer running with 3 other smaller deer. "Awe, it's a little deer family!" I said in reply. "I hope I can have a family that cute someday." I joked. "Oh, don't you worry. I know you will." he said as he stared right into my eyes. "You know, you're an amazing person, (Y/N). I'm so glad I'm able to spend time with you again. Just like old times." I started to blush at what he had said. "You're... literally the sweetest." I said, lost for words. He pulled me into a hug. "And I think you're pretty sweet, too."