The Human Defect

It has become common for me to see that where ever I turn my head I witness someone stumbling, tripping, or bumping, their head, shoulder, knees, or toes on some object around the room. It appears that we humans naturally have a graceful clumsiness to us that, where ever we go, we leave a crescendoing orchestra of falling tables, turned over chairs, and shouts of aggravation in our wake. This impressive defect in the human nature has been the cruel delight of many other humans, including myself, for decades, centuries, millennium, et cetera, et cetera. 

It is just a known fact that we sometimes enjoy the downfall of others in simple, lighthearted ways. Like when someone trips over a table leg. It fills us with a sense of comfort knowing that we are not the only individuals of our kind that suffer from this problem. It lets us know we and other humans are not so different, and its concrete proof that no one is perfect and that we don't have to be. 

Of course, whose to say that those are the true reasons? Whose to say that I even know what I'm talking about. I am but a young teenager and am going through this eerie era called puberty. Also, the only other individuals that I have seen stumble countless of times without fail, so often, in fact, you could set your watch by their falls, have been teenagers as well, going through the same eerie thing I have, excluding only a few others of course. So could it be said that there is not a flaw in the DNA of us humans? That the unseen force causing our blunders and mishaps is just puberty? Is this the cause of all our awkward encounters with other people, the constant collisions with one another, especially with the opposite sex? 

Could it be scientists were mistaken in their facts, and what they were observing was not physical attraction caused by a surge of unrelenting hormones of the lustful variety, but a physical attraction of the unintentional, and coincidental variety? Where, no matter how hard we try, we cannot seem to avoid our opposite counterparts, and this attempt at avoidance causes our severe awkwardness, and all around clumsiness? Could puberty, and not a human defect, be the cause of this?

Or perhaps puberty is the human genetic flaw. Could it be that we were never meant to grow up and mature? That becoming a masculine man and feminine women were never meant to be in the human genetic code? That being small and big-headed was always the ideal fit for humans to remain for the rest of our lives? Or perhaps this all isn't proof that no one is perfect and doesn't have to be, maybe it's proof that the next time I break something of my mothers, she has only herself and my father to blame because they were the one that passed this human defect called puberty, down to me.