Writers Passion

Wanting to be a writer. To do more than just writing a few coherent words down on paper, hoping one sentence will cohere with the next. Or that one's statements will be bold at all. To reach the caliber of books one has read, and too soon excel in their own works. To transcend into something different than what one was formerly, something new and inspiring that one can be proud. To compose it all, from poems that draw out desires to letters meant to persuade the mind, reflections that deepen one's thought, and stories that excite one's being. To persevere and endeavor, to endure just as many stories have endured throughout the decades. To reach places worlds away. It's a passion of sorts, and what would one say of such a passion? That it burns within them like a fire. It's what one would say, yet the statement in itself isn't true. 

A Passion shouldn't be likened to fire. Although bright and lively, a fire too small is easily extinguished, too large and it's uncontrollable and destructive. It's warm, and yet anything too close to the flames will inevitably be burned. A fire, even if unintentional, is greedy and demanding. A force of almost innocent intentions, but with a natural malice, that needs to be tamed and contained to be of any use. A passion shouldn't burn those who try to get closer. Allowing it to grow shouldn't cause things that are valuable to be destroyed. A passion cannot be extinguished and shouldn't need restriction or restraint. 

A burning fire is not passion. Fire is an obsession. 

Passion is more of an aura. An ambiance imbued with the colors of the one's own thoughts and mannerism. Evident to all who look and leaves an impression on those who view it. That's lucent and flows with energy that can be felt by others. It's something that not only glows with heat but shines with a prospect, that gets brighter the more one enjoys their task. That accentuates only the good and promotes the qualities, pleasant and strong. 

Writing is such a passion, but a writer doesn't just aim to write. A writer aims to develop emotions and stir the feelings, to spread knowledge and ideas, to venture outside what is known. To build worlds and galaxies and dimensions for those to immerse themselves in. Documents remarkable and distinct, that captures the authors own essence and personality. To compose characters bursting with originality and detail, that become enjoyable heroes or begrudgingly likable villains. Characters that influence the hearts of readers, that urge them to tense up with anticipation and thrill. Settings and places unique and exhilarating enough for readers to wish to be a part of, and yet threatening and uncertain enough for them to come to contentment with their own realities. Who will settle for the simple enjoyment of visualizing themselves within the world a writer has breathed to life through written words. Isn't that the goal of a writer?