Chapter 36

Fionna's P.O.V

"No your not."

"What?" I heard Marshall ask.

My whole world stopped. What's going on? Cake doesn't want me to get married to Marshall? But I love him. Why would she say no? She needs to accept this. I came back to reality to see Cake and Marshall arguing.

"No you can't," Cake said.

"You know I care about Fionna a lot. I would do anything for her and that's why I want to be with her forever. I want to start a new life, a new beginning with the person I love," Marshall said.

"I want to be with Marshall forever to. This isn't some fling ok, this is true love. I know it Cake. Marshall cares about me and I care about him. He cares enough to defy the laws of nature. He's a vampire and I'm a human. Those things don't mix together, but we make it work. There's a reason why he hasn't killed me. He loves me and I love him," I said with my eyes watering.

Marshall grabs me and I turn my back towards Cake. I hug Marshall and this hug isn't like any hug we ever had. It feels more powerful, more spontaneous.

"You know, I thought you would be the one to understand, but I was wrong. Cake I know that you might not find me the perfect person for Fionna, but I try everyday to be the perfect person for Fionna. Please bless this marriage," Marshall said.

I wipe the tears away from my face and turn towards Cake.

I get close to Cake's face and say,"Marshall, it doesn't matter if Cake blesses it or not. We love each other so we don't need any approvable to get married."

I grab Marshall's hand and we walk out of the room.

Half way through the hallway I hear Cake say," Now I approve."

"What?" Marshall and I ask at the same time.

"Look," Cake said walking towards us," I didn't want this marriage to be some fling. I wanted to know if you two really do love each other. What you two said means true love. I'm sorry for doing that, but you two really love each other."

I relax and Marshall comes closer to me.

"I'm glad you guys are getting married," Cake said with a smile.

I suddenly hug Cake and I feel a huge smile on my face.

"Well what is the theme of your wedding?" Cake asks.

Marshall and I look at each other. We shrug our shoulders not knowing the theme.

"We don't know," I tell Cake.

"Well I think with both of your guys interest that it should be a red and white wedding," Cake said.

"Why those colors?" Marshall asks.

"Well you're more darker than Fionna being the Vampire King and Fionna is more lighter than you because she is a hero. That's why you two are for each other," Cake said.

"I guess that makes sense," Marshall said.

"I like it," I said.

"Me to," Marshall said.

"Well we got our wedding theme," I said with a smile.

"And now we need to figure everything out," Marshall said with a sigh.