Chapter 10

Marshall Lee's P.O.V

Not thinking about what I was doing, I suddenly opened the door. I was shocked to see a lady with dark, long hair and to my surprise it was my mother. After all these years she showed up in this cave, but why? She had nothing to do with me, besides how could she get here? She knew no one who could draw the symbol to get her here. Then I saw a big green amulet around her neck.

"Hello Marshall Lee, it's been a while," she said.

It was my mother.

"Yeah I know, I have noticed," I said looking straight into her eyes, anger boiled up inside me.

"Oh Marshall Lee don't act like that. I know you missed me," she said coming into the house.

"Missed you? Why would I miss you?" I said in an angry tone.

"Because a mother knows when her son wants his mom back," she said with a little smile.

"Well you're wrong, I don't need you. Why are you really here?" I asked.

She turned around and said," I am here because I wanted to see how you were doing. To see if you're well on your own. And to my surprise I think I smell your last victim."

Was she talking about Fionna? She must be I didn't disinfect or clean up any traces of Fionna's scent. Fiona was still in the house and her scent was fresh. I knew my mom could tell that I had some type of "prey" upstairs. Even I could smell Fionna, she already blood out in the house and that wasn't that long ago.

"How did you get here? I know you don't have anybody out here to open the portal on this side," I said, expecting an answer.

"Well, you see this green amulet? This amulet can transport you in to different worlds or dimensions by pushing on it for 5 seconds and thinking about where you want to be, " she said holding out the amulet.

Why did she want to be here with me? I haven't seen her in years. Then I remembered Fionna upstairs, I need to hide her.

I said," Mom come and sit down on the couch while I head upstairs to fix something."

I turned around and headed upstairs to go find Fionna. I got to the bathroom and knock on the door quietly so my mom couldn't hear.

"Fionna, are you done in there?" I whispered.

I heard her say,"I am brushing my teeth but other than that, I'm done."

"Hurry! Open the door quickly and quietly."

"Ok," She said confused.

I walked in and saw Fiona dressed in a light blue shirt with dark colored jeans on. For some odd reason I felt like this wasn't what Fionna would normally wear. She grabbed a dark blue jacket out of her bag and put it on.

"What's the matter?" She asked.

"My demon mom is here for no reason and she could possibly... possibly kill you, so I need you to stay up here and hide. That way you won't get hurt. I am sorry that this is all of a sudden, I didn't know my mom was coming over because we're not close at all. I don't really know her personally," I said to Fionna.

"Ok Marshall Lee, I will hide," Fionna said.

Then I heard someone say behind me," Marshall Lee, you didn't tell me you kept your prey alive."