Chapter 3

Marshall Lee's P.O.V

Marshall Lee looked down at the girl, Fionna. She faced me with her eyes staring into mine. I knew how to fix her; the old spear wasn't far enough to go through any major organs. I saw that the sharp end of the spear all ready when through her, enough to pull it out. She looked like she was in a lot of pain, but said nothing. Fionna is a stong girl, stronger than I though.

I looked down at her and said," I need to pull this out, ok? It will only take a second."

She had the look of fear all over her face, but said nothing. I gave her my hand when I was about to pull the spear out. She seemed confused at first, but then realized that she was to hold my hand when I was going to pull the spear out. The spear was far out enough that I could pull it through with one hand. Great luck for me then. She squeezed my hand before I pulled it out.

"One. Two. Three," I said before I pulled out the spear.

She closed her eyes, squeezed my hand, and she was as stiff as a board. I heard a little yelp escape from her mouth. She was in a ton of pain. At least the spear was out. I looked at the old spear, it was from a soldier or a guard from long ago. Now it was covered in blood. Then I realized that my mouth was watering, from the blood everywhere. It was on my clothes, on my skin; it was everywhere. I need to with stand the urge to drink this blood, but it looked great. More than perfect. The blood was better than I could imagine. I had to control myself.

I noticed that she passed out from the pain. That was a good thing, I didn't have to watch her suffer. I had to get her somewhere safe before she lost a ton of blood. The night is still there, watching her bleed out. Gently, I picked her up with my hands pulling her towards me. She felt warm, not cold like everyone else. Like she was glowing with kindness. That I wasn't use to.

"Don't worry,'' I whispered quietly.

I knew she couldn't hear me, but it was to make sure she was safe. So she had someone looking after her that cared. I picked her up slowly, making sure she wasn't in any pain. I had her in my arms. She seemed so tough and fierce when I met her, but now she was delicate and fragile. I looked up into the sky, there were stars everywhere. They shined on her face, making her beautiful.

Wait. Did I think she was beautiful? I was a vampire, and vampires don't get along with bleeding prey. But I didn't think of her as prey, she was someone. Someone was beautiful, her hair was golden, now it had blood in it, and her eyes were bright blue, from what it can remember. The outfit she wore was a teal blue shirt with elbow-length sleeves, a dark blue skirt, and knee-high socks with two thin, blue stripes at the top. Now they were stained with blood, but she was still beautiful. I needed to keep this beauty alive. I had to fly to the caves; where I live at. That way I can fix her.

Flying over the mountains of Aaa, the seas, the forest. It seemed peaceful, quiet. Weird seeing everything calm. The moon looked over Aaa, the brightness of it shined throughout the tree. The white streaks through the trees. Everyone was a rest while I wasn't. I had bigger problems to attend to. For one, a girl was hurt. A girl was hurt because of me.

Two, she could die. She could suffer all this pain for nothing, but to die. Her dying. How could I live her dying, but then I realized that I have been hurting other people. What am I doing with my life. Then logic thoughts came into my mind. I had to hurt people to survive. I could also eat the color red, but I still drink blood to fulfill my needs. The taste was delicious. But I had to do it to stay alive or stay dead. Weird to think you have died. I don't remember much of my past. But that is why she came after me in the first place. Because of what I am.