Chapter Twenty - Gone

~*~*~*~*~*~*
Fun House
Ground Level 1
Guard Lounge

     "Run! Run!! You son of a bitch!" Ray yelled at the television.

The break that the men had been desperate to have had finally come. They were used to being in the Fun House after all these months.

With the girls knowing Trig was left in charge it would be a smooth sailing week. With most of the clients gone as well until Tuesday the girls wouldn't be a headache.

Carter sat with his mind in and out of the sporting event. Everything had changed but now it was set in stone. He wondered how the world would react, if they even found out.

"You think he'll make her a Trophy or go the Lioness route?" Carter asked once the game went to commercial.

Paul tossed an empty beer can into the bin. "Lioness, there's no doubt in my mind. The marriage certificate is already sealed."

Maybe because the world still thought a wedding to Viviana was still being planned. If this news broke there's no telling what would happen. Endless questions would be asked.

"Damn...I knew he was down bad but, she's like legit his wife now. Princess Tiger." Another commented with a chuckle.

"I'll be back." This could be Carter's steps to perfect his resume and continue to strive for 3rd in Command.

Why did Marcus leave? Carter was the only one Marcus had told about him abandoning post.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Carter paced back and forth in the hallway. His phone was glued to his ear waiting for the other person to answer.

"I told you not to call this number."

"Tell me why you decided to AP, you may have covered your tracks but he'll know soon. How am I supposed to have your back if I'm kept in the dark?!" He whispered yelled.

"I cant tell you." Marcus said dryly.

"I'm your glorified assistant! I've always had your back man! Tell me something. Anything so I can help."

There were rules if you wanted to leave the Mafia.

You had to file paperwork with the CDD, state your case, and wait for an investigation to be done to get approved and live as a civilian.

Abandoning post was a death sentence for any ranking member. But doing it as a 3rd in Command?

"I dont fuckin' trust you. Not after you played a part in letting him beat the living shit out of her." Marcus snapped.

"What was I supposed to do?! You know how he is about her."

Silence flowed through for a minute. Carter did regret that night. They all did. Marcus was the only one that tried to help.

"That's why you chose to AP?"

"That amongst other things."

"Just come back man, they're married now. You know we'll all be in Italy once he gets back. We can put all this shit behind us."