Chapter Four - The Kidnapping

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
May 14th, 2015
9:42 A.M.

Sunlight beamed through my window waking me up out my sleep which were actually memories of my parents.

Wait a minute...sunlight woke me up.

Not that bitch.

Whoa...the last time sunlight woke me up Chloe came by and gave me some of her clothes and that was a very long time ago. Today might be a good day.

Don't jinx us!

I'm not but honestly this is rare.

The shower wasn't kind or generous with warmth.

Once dressed, I looked in the broken mirror and saw my arm, it had been two weeks since Teresa's little episode.

My scars had healed but they were still visible. Even in the scorching weather I covered up with a thin cotton jacket.

A sturdy knock came from the front door downstairs.

Police?

Hopefully. Let's see if they knock again....

Four more forcefully knocks sounded from the door.

It's the police! Hide!

"Why would we hide?"

I may or may not have a joint or two on me.

Sub you're not real.

I pulled back the window curtain to see a blue Sentra parked out front.

Chloe? The store was closed today so no work. What was this curly blonde up to?

~*~*~*~*~*~*

When I swung open the door she was wearing an outfit that screamed name-brands but it was so stylish. I wanted to try out wearing heels, but at seventeen my walk would need major surgery before getting to a Naomi level of grace.

"Hello my gorgeous brown doll!" She said hugging me. I didn't like that choice of words. She used them every now and then, I haven't told her yet that it made me a uncomfortable.

"Hey."
She stepped in and I closed the door.

"Where are you headed?" I asked.

"We are going to the mall for shopping and then to a spa!" She said in excitement.

I didn't mind getting out for a while.

"Sure, I'm down for a trip."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chloe belted out song lyrics on the way. Her voice cracked with every other word.

I thought about how the day would go, I didn't object to her about buying me clothes, I decided that I wanted to use my self induced therapy skills to revamp my style and work on who I wanted to be before college.

Then I remembered she mentioned a Spa.

"Chloe?" She turned down the radio.

"Yo." She replied in a baritone voice.

"Why are we going to a Spa? The only good one is Lovely Luna and they're pretty pricey."

"To relax and take off the stress we've been drowning in at the store." She eased.