Chapter 9: We're Being Chased By a Nuclear Bomb, How Are You?

"All right! Now somebody, get us that kill code!" Oriana orders.

"Yeah... about that." Izzy explains.

"We have a situation. The original files are under a storage facility in London. Deep under London." John admits.

"Wow... this place looks enormous on the hologram." Emily explains.

"John, I'm getting a very snooty voicemail." Izzy explains. John looks at the supposed voicemail and he looks at Izzy.

"Uh, Izzy, that's a person." John explains.

"Yeah, well, she's very snooty." Izzy replies.

"This is going to require a... personal touch." John states and looks at Izzy.

"We're going to need her." Izzy responds as they call Lady Penelope.

[FAB ONE]

A beeping sound signals John and Izzy's call. Penelope sat in the backseat of FAB ONE as usual and Parker was driving. They were having a nice drive through the countryside to take Sherbert home. Penelope hits the button and opens her makeup compact case that doubled as her communicator. John and Izzy appear on the communicator in hologram forms.

"Hello you two." Penelope cheerfully greets.

"Lady Penelope, Alan and Oriana are in trouble, can you make a quick stop for us?" John inquires.

"Consider it done. Send me the details and we're on our way." Penelope agrees.

"Details are on their way." Izzy responds before the two of them hang up.

"Turn the car around, Parker." Penelope announces to Parker, "I have some International Rescue business to attend to."

"We're almost home. It won't take but a minute to drop off the mongrel." Parker complains and Sherbert barks at him. Penelope soothes down Sherbert's fur between his ears and Sherbert whines happily.

"No time, I'm afraid. You won't mind holding Sherbert?" Penelope asks.

"Not at all, milady." Parker says with a sigh of annoyance, "I'm glad I brought my gloves."

[Thunderbird Three]

Alan was focusing on flying. Oriana glances over when a beeping sound is heard and Scott and Alison appear a moment later. Oriana first rolled her eyes. They were the youngest and that meant that they couldn't be trusted to be by themselves. Oriana knew Alan's pain of expectations from their older siblings better than anyone. She loved Gordon, but she got along great with Alan as she saw him as a little brother.

"Thunderbird Three, this is Thunderbird One. I hear things are rough up there, Alan." Scott calls out.

"Ah, Scott. Everything's fine." Alan says, trying to hold back a yawn.

"Are you sure? You sound tired." Scott says. There's an explosion and Scott holds Alison protectively.

"We've got to get back to work. We're keeping an eye on your situation. Oriana, Gordon says to not let Alan get you blown up. I agree with that." Alison states and Oriana rolls her eyes looking away.

"Copy that, you two. Copy that." Alan states and the two hang up. There was a short silence.

"He worries too much." Oriana mutters.

"They all do." Alan replies, "It's like I can't do anything. You all treat me like I'm a kid."

"You are kid, Alan. But if you mean about older siblings' expectations, I hear that." Oriana replies.