Chapter 8: Space Race!

Thunderbird Three is shown launching as Oriana and Alan are shown inside Thunderbird Three. Today, while everyone else was on a tough mission, Oriana was getting some extra space lessons just in case.

"Pre-flight complete!" Alan says as the island is zoomed in on.

"Roger, Thunderbird Three. Skies are clear." John says, "Good luck on your mission."

"I totally can't believe you wanted to come." Alan states and looks at Oriana.

"Yeah, well, Scott suggested we all learn how to fly each of the Thunderbirds and I couldn't go with Gordo and the others so, I decided to come with you." Oriana explains.

"Cool. Starting countdown to launch!" Alan exclaims, "Three..."

"Two..." Oriana states.

"One!" Alan exclaims and fires the thrusters causing them to take off into the sky, "Thunderbird Three is GO!"

"It does help that this is an easy mission to learn how to fly Thunderbird Three. It's just a precaution, Alan." Oriana explains.

"Okay, but I have to know one thing." Alan states and Oriana looks at him, "What's with P'ku?" Oriana's cheeks flush red.

"Gordon couldn't say my name when we were little?" Oriana explains.

"How do you get P'ku out of Oriana?" Alan asks.

"He was trying to say 'Hey you' partially because he couldn't say Oriana. It came out P'ku for some reason and I've been P'ku to him ever since." Oriana explains.

"You know, it's actually really cute." Alan explains.

"It's dorky and childish now that I'm an adult." Oriana explains. Alan and Oriana get into space and lock onto target that they were looking for.

"Target identified! Grappling arms deployed!" Alan announces to John, Izzy and Oriana as they moved into the trash field in space, "Easy does it."

"It's not that I dislike the name..." Oriana continues, "It is cute, but like I said, it's childish now that I'm an adult." Alan starts gathering the trash and they fly away.

"It's going to be a long day..." Alan states with a sigh.

"Hey, someone has to clean up all that junk floating around out there." John adds.

"Oh, this is just grunt work, John." Alan complains.

"Not if we make a game out of it." Oriana says, and Alan rolls his eyes. They end up grabbing something while Alan complains.

"How come Scott, Alison, and Gordon get to do a high-rise rescue and Oriana and I get garbage duty?" Alan asks.

"You always moan you never get to take Thunderbird Three out enough." Izzy points out as she tracks Alan.

"Me and my big mouth." Alan mutters. Oriana listens to all the metal clank behind them. Suddenly, they are pulled back. Oriana jolts in the seat a little.

"Whoa." Oriana exclaims.

"What was that?" Alan asks before turning them around.

"There's something up ahead." Oriana announces.

"Scanners aren't picking anything up." John comments.

"Are you sure it isn't just dirt on your portal again?" Izzy asks. Alan reaches forward and wipes the glass and Oriana rolls her eyes. Alan shrugs as he looks at her.

"You know, I'm the one who saw it first, you two." Oriana points out.

"No. It's out there, alright." Alan exclaims, "And that means I get to go out for a wander!"